Brazilian Homemade Truck Camper

Talk about Camping and Stuff

Moderators: hairymick01, oldyaker, oldsparkey, JEM, tx river rat

Brazilian Homemade Truck Camper

Postby biugueits » Sun May 08, 2011 7:32 pm

Hi Everybody!

I'm newbie here and i'm so glad to be a member of this forum.

I've talked a little about myself in another presentation post and now, i would like to talk a little about my way of driving and leisure: my truck camper.

It is a entirely homemade truck camper that me and my wife used to make our travels around South America.

We built a camper based on some Internet pics projects, making some changes to better suit our needs. This way, the camper was similar to the original design, but optimized for us.

It's all homemade, using lightweight materials, thermal insulation, cooking equipment and hygiene (toilet, shower, etc...), double bed over the cab and many other features.

Here are some photos of the trip we did last Christmas:

"Everyone is concerned about leaving a better world for our children... But who is worrying about to leave better children for our world? "
biugueits

Re: Brazilian Homemade Truck Camper

Postby JEM » Sun May 08, 2011 9:42 pm

Wow! Talk about well traveled! Great job!!!
JEM

Postby Wannabe » Mon May 09, 2011 9:16 pm

Biugueits,
Do you know what geological offity caused the strange boulders in picture nimber 12? Very strange looking rocks.
Bob
liver is fishbait
Wannabe

Postby biugueits » Tue May 10, 2011 8:34 pm

Wannabe wrote:Biugueits,
Do you know what geological offity caused the strange boulders in picture nimber 12? Very strange looking rocks.
Bob

In fact, I have no idea about the geological origin of rocks :mrgreen: ... but it is very strange and beautiful. AMAZING!

The impression one gets is that rocks came rolling down the slope until the middle of the valley, where the road is currently.

To get an idea of the location of the valley, he sits in the middle of the Andean highlands, between the villages of Susques and San Antonio de los Cobres, on Route 40, road map marked by the red line:

The stones are truly great ... enormous! The truck looks tiny next to them.

Compare the size of my wife by one of them:

"Everyone is concerned about leaving a better world for our children... But who is worrying about to leave better children for our world? "
biugueits

Postby islandpiper » Wed May 11, 2011 8:29 am

I'm guessing that if the government built the road there, they bought gravel and crushed rock after taking a series of public bids and then hauled it in from someplace. piper
***courage is not the absence of fear, but is the result of judgement that there is something more important than fear ***
"Shut up an' eat'cher grits"
islandpiper

Postby Kayak Jack » Mon May 16, 2011 9:00 pm

Those rocks are truly magnificent. I've a geologist friend who would likely spend a week or three there on each one.
You mentioned a shower in your camper. Looks a bit cramped for that, but it also sounds like you've "optimized" the inside a lot.
Kayak Jack
Doing what you like is FREEDOM
Liking what you do is HAPPINESS
I spent most of my money on airplanes, whiskey, and women - and I'm afraid I just wasted the rest.
Kayak Jack

Postby WDfrmTN » Tue May 17, 2011 5:34 pm

biugueits wrote:Hi Everybody!

WELCOME!
(Hey! I seen dat rock fall on Wile E. Coyote!
WDfrmTN

Postby biugueits » Tue May 17, 2011 5:43 pm

Kayak Jack wrote: You mentioned a shower in your camper. Looks a bit cramped for that, but it also sounds like you've "optimized" the inside a lot.

Hello again Jack! :mrgreen:

Really, we have a bathroom in our camper. It is a modular bathroom, the kind that would assemble and disassemble after use. When not in use is closed like a small Cabinet... when in use, the doors and the cabinet cover serve as the structure and the bathroom walls.

Like this:

biugueits

Postby Kayak Jack » Wed May 18, 2011 9:55 am

Lots of engineering and practical ideas included in that rig.
Kayak Jack
Doing what you like is FREEDOM
Liking what you do is HAPPINESS
I spent most of my money on airplanes, whiskey, and women - and I'm afraid I just wasted the rest.
Kayak Jack

Postby WDfrmTN » Wed May 18, 2011 7:44 pm

Man, that looks like high-end production work!
GOOD JOB!
WDfrmTN

Postby hairymick01 » Wed May 18, 2011 8:04 pm

Welcome aboard Daniel!

I enjoyed your images very much. Thank you for sharing them. :D What an amazing continent!

Mate, your camper is magnificent. An outstanding buildup and something many of us could only aspire to. Well done.
Now, I'm not saying we invoke capital punishment for Stupidity. But how about we just take all the warning labels off everything, and let nature sort itself out?"
hairymick01

Postby biugueits » Wed May 18, 2011 9:37 pm

hairymick01 wrote:Welcome aboard Daniel!

I enjoyed your images very much. Thank you for sharing them. :D What an amazing continent!

Mate, your camper is magnificent. An outstanding buildup and something many of us could only aspire to. Well done.

Thanks hairymick01!

I'm glad you enjoyed our work... involved a lot of sweat, hard work and inspiration, but all with great joy and satisfaction because we are doing what we like.

Anyone can have the same result... is just to want (and have a little skill) :mrgreen:

Bye!
biugueits

Postby biugueits » Wed May 18, 2011 9:44 pm

WDfrmTN wrote:Man, that looks like high-end production work!
GOOD JOB!

Thanks buddy!

Actually, the truck camper is not completely finished... the bathroom's pictures that I posted are just one example look like when finished... the result will be almost the same.

Bye!
biugueits

Postby N8VNYer » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:10 pm

your talents are truly remarkable, I am interested in building a simular project.
How long did this take you and your wife to build?
N8VNYer

Return to Camping