2018 season | SouthernPaddler.com

2018 season

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
I guess all of you geezers done quit hunting? Well been awhile for me too but after a dry year last season finally got a Doe and porky thanksgiviving day.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Stopped a long time ago.
My Uncle and cousin and I went hunting at Ocala National Forest. Leaving camp and stopping at a restaurant in the early morning hours for a bite to eat. We sat at a table and at the table across from us three hunters were talking.
The one guy asked the others if they had done any good yesterday. One said that he saw noting. The other guy said he had a sound shot but could not find anything. None of use knew what a sound shot was.
My Uncle ( A EX-Game warden from Wisconsin ) was curious and asked the guy what is a sound shot.? The guy told him that's when you hear the deer but don't see him.
We finished our meal , paid the bill and left the restaurant. Went to camp , packed the gear and drove home. With armed idiots in the woods we did not want to become the victim of a sound shot or any other type of shot.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Here, in Michigan, we call those kind of hunters "Detroit hunters". A semi-automatic rifle in one hand, and a bottle in the other. Scourge of the woods. I was still in high school, hunting with my Dad. Two does walked across in front of me. Law then was bucks only. I was watching them when shots started coming in from the other side of the deer. One hit the tree a few feet over my head. The does ran, and shots were still coming in. I rolled behind the tree and levered off a high shot angled up and over anything, but in the direction of the shots. All I heard then, was brush crashing off into the distance.

Dad asked what in hell was I shooting at? I told him I was shooting way over the head of whoever put that little white spot in the tree over my head.

oldbuffpilot

May 13, 2014
Central Kansas and Central Texas
GEEZER EYE TEST
We have a creek bottom in our pasture and one of our La daughters has a game camera there. As I was going to check the camera (which had zero deer)
Buck west fence.jpg
I just happened to see this guy watching me! Can you see him?