Flip Tool cart and ripping cedar | SouthernPaddler.com

Flip Tool cart and ripping cedar

oldbuffpilot

May 13, 2014
Central Kansas and Central Texas
A couple of items that might interest builders. My shop in Texas is a portable building 12 x 20 so space is at a premium. I originally stored my table saw, planner,etc on shelves and carried them outside to a table.The days of carrying heavy equipment are probably over. Just before my bypass surgery I went to youtube and figured out a way to save space is a tool flip cart. So now my planer and miter saw are taking up the same floor space. The cart has two harbor freight wheels on front and stowable “wheel Barrow” handles.

One of my Grandsons has been helping me out in the last 2 days he has ripped 4 rough cedar 2 x 8 x 16’. I now have a bunch of cedar strips 1 ⅞ “ x ¼” x 16 feet. he used the skill saw with the rip jig. now they need to be ripped in half on the table saw.

Can’t wait to get back to building.

Andy

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
Nice looking shop. Moving the planner is a choir. I don't have room inside to plane, but the dual storage is a neat idea. So is having the grandson help.
The cedar looks to be better than what I can find these days. What kind of boat are you thinking about.

oldbuffpilot

May 13, 2014
Nice looking shop. Moving the planner is a choir. I don't have room inside to plane, but the dual storage is a neat idea. So is having the grandson help.
The cedar looks to be better than what I can find these days. What kind of boat are you thinking about.
An improved full size version of last years Watermocassion copy. I've drawn the side panels on kraft paper with 1 inch more cutback and 14 inches longer will fine tune as I go. SS&G.

texastom

Jul 29, 2013
Dallas
Hope you get back to 99.9% soon. How do you like the reflectix insulation? I have considered that
to insulate my garage.

oldbuffpilot

May 13, 2014
Hope you get back to 99.9% soon. How do you like the reflectix insulation? I have considered that
to insulate my garage.
Thanks cardio rehabilitation seems to be working. My replumbed heart is recovering well, it's just powering a 77 year old body the bubble foil works better than expected. The sun shining on the side of the building was really heating the building more than the110ac could handle. Stays reasonable with the foil. Don't know how it would work in cold weather.

texastom

Jul 29, 2013
Dallas
Glad to hear you are healing up. Thanks for the info on the bubble foil. My local Habit for Humanity ReStore had a lot full of foam roof panels, but they sold pretty quick. I might try those at $3.00 per 4x8 panel. My garage is framed on 24 centers, so should be pretty easy.