“I pledge to be of service to Barack Obama” | SouthernPaddler.com

“I pledge to be of service to Barack Obama”

mike

Jun 29, 2009
TEXAS!
Amazing stuff coming down these days. This short film is being brought to a school near you courtesy of Oprah Winfrey, Ashton Krutcher and Demi Moore. I intend to contact the school board and my son's principal about this tomorrow. I would have done it today, but it was after 5:00 pm when I learned of it. Click here for the story and THE VIDEO

This reminds me of another time when youth were being indoctrinated. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Mike

Jimmy W

May 1, 2006
north georgia, USA
Kayak Jack said:
The "I pledge" message is appealing. When our children & grandchildren watch it, against what part do you suggest we warn them?
“Let us summon a new spirit of patriotism, of responsibility where each of us resolves to pitch in and work harder and look after not only ourselves but each other.”
Now Jack, you know that that just aint right.

If they had left out the parts about trying to help out the planet and had pledged to support ex-governor Palin instead of a democrat it would have been fine. And not flipping people the bird is really going too far, next thing they will be asking us to turn the other cheek.

seedtick

Jul 22, 2006
Denham Springs, LA
"I pledge to be of service to " .......... the country, the constitution, the laws of the land, the poor, the downtrodden, etc.

Being of service to a single person bothers me greatly

Is the federal government becoming the farm of 200 years ago? Where we all did what we were told to do by the master? Because he clothed us and fed us and took care of our needs?

It's been a long road since 1865 dismantling that system, trying to get folks to be independent and fend for themselves and for the last few decades or so we seem to be trying to get folks more dependent on the government.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

I DO NOT pledge to be of service to Barack Hussane Obama or any politician.

He is already politicking for reelection , try to find something that does not have his name associated with it , a news paper , a TV Commentary , Ads to go to school , refinance your home , purchase a car. The more name tossing the more recognition and more familiarity to it.

Chuck.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
oldsparkey said:
I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
"I swear to defend the constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic."

...and, that's the location of our problem. At least Benedict Arnold had the balls to state his treason.