160 yards is short | SouthernPaddler.com

160 yards is short

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Looked up some flight records with different bows

Distances shot

The furthest distance shot with any bow is 2,047 yards (1,871.84m) . This was shot by the late Harry Drake in 1988 using a crossbow. The furthest with a hand-held — and pulled — bow is 1,336 yds 1' 3" (1,222.01m) , shot by Don Brown with an unlimited conventional Flight bow in 1987. My 40kg Compound World Record of 1,162 yards was made shooting a 30 kg bow — I can't pull 40 kg!

Distances achieved in Britain include:

Conventional Flight Bow (unlimited): Alan Webster — 916 yards
Compound Flight Bow (60 lbs): Barry Groves - 914 yards. That distance has since been beaten

Last updated 30 January 2003

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Thing about it a hand held bow shooting an arrow right at 2/3 of a mile and a cross bow shooting a mile and a 1/4
Thats just a long da mm ways.
Ron

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Gives a new meaning to the poem by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.

I shot an Arrow into the air
It fell to earth I know not where,
For so swiftly it flew, the sight
Could not follow it in its flight.

I breath'd a Song into the air
It fell to earth, I know not where.
For who has sight so keen and strong
That it can follow the flight of a song?

Long, long afterward in an oak
I found the Arrow still unbroke;
And the Song from begining to end
I found again in the heart of a friend.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Sorry about that guy's , thought a little culture might help you. Besides it brings back memories from long ago to me about shooting an arrow into the sky.

One hunting trip back in the 60's , during the lunch break we were seeing how far our bows would shot an arrow.

My cousin and I were doing that to see what the distance was for the bows. Then his dad , my uncle tried his and after he shot his arrow. I can see him standing there , just like it was yesterday , bow in hand looking where the arrow went reciting that poem. Something I have always remembered and anytime I shoot an arrow like that I can hear him saying that poem.

It's strange the things one remembers from hunting trips with family. "O" By the way he is the one that cooked up the heart and liver for a camping supper from the deer I got on that trip that evening. Dam it was good. :D

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
I shot an arrow into the air
and where it fell I know just where
although I aimed at a buck who stood afar
I peirced the raidator of my car.

I'm sure as shootin not signing this un.