2-ANCHOR SYSTEM | SouthernPaddler.com

2-ANCHOR SYSTEM

Pirogue

http://www.paddle-fishing.com/fos/rigging/anchortrolley.htm

Thats pretty sweet and it will keep you from spinning. Down here, we have the problem of tides. Some of the guys have rigged an anchor trolly that works pretty nice. I had on on my pirogue and canoe.

It worked well.

If you wanted to have your plug or bait move to you, just trolley the anchor to the bow. If you wanted it to go with the current, just trolly to the back.

Kurt Loup

Sep 10, 2003
Baton Rouge, LA
www.loup-garou.net
I use the metal version of the anchor lock pictured below previously sold by Bass Pro Shop. The plastic version below works, but not quite as well as the metal one. When you pull the line in, a cam flips up so line can slide through the lock. When the line is lowered, the cam pivots to pinch and hold the anchorline for one hand operation. The anchor lock is mounted to a board that friction fits over the bow and stern decks of my canoe for easy mounting and removal. The lower picture is not the best, but you can see the anchor lock mounted to the bow. I use 3 lbs. dumbell weights for anchors. One tip is to have the anchor lock extend far enough over the decks so that the anchor doesn't swing in the wind and waves bumping into the hull spooking fish. Since I primarily fly fish, I like to be able to position myself into the wind when casting to fish. With two anchors, my canoe doesn't swing around in the wind.

Kurt

65786-a.jpg

wading.jpg

Kahuna

Aug 27, 2003
DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS
ANCHOR LOCK???

Kurt, where can you obtain those "ANCHOR LOCKS"??
KAHUNA

Kurt Loup said:
I use the metal version of the anchor lock pictured below previously sold by Bass Pro Shop. The plastic version below works, but not quite as well as the metal one. When you pull the line in, a cam flips up so line can slide through the lock. When the line is lowered, the cam pivots to pinch and hold the anchorline for one hand operation. The anchor lock is mounted to a board that friction fits over the bow and stern decks of my canoe for easy mounting and removal. The lower picture is not the best, but you can see the anchor lock mounted to the bow. I use 3 lbs. dumbell weights for anchors. One tip is to have the anchor lock extend far enough over the decks so that the anchor doesn't swing in the wind and waves bumping into the hull spooking fish. Since I primarily fly fish, I like to be able to position myself into the wind when casting to fish. With two anchors, my canoe doesn't swing around in the wind.

Kurt

65786-a.jpg

wading.jpg
:D :D :D