A good trout reciepe? | SouthernPaddler.com

A good trout reciepe?

Beach Reef

Apr 27, 2005
Phoenix, Az
I am just starting to prepare and eat fish that I have been catching. I have a nice 13 inch trout that I need to cook up to prove to my wife that all this time I spend at the lake is worth it.

I know you guys have been a round a while, and I figure you might have come accross a simple, "Knock 'em dead" trout reciepe. If anyone has any good idea's please let me know. What I get to do with my free time depends on me making some mouth-watern' fish.

I have the little bugger froze until I come up with something. PLEASE HELP!

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
They are good smoked, if you have a smoker. We use hickory for smoking, I belive your from AZ.........I bet smoked with mesquite wood, it would be excellent.

You can fry some bacon in your cast iron skillet, than fry the trout in the bacon grease with onions, don't forget to dust the trout with flour, salt and pepper. Squeeze some lemon juice over it.

Sometimes I put them in foil, put butter over them, lemon slices, diced onion, green and red pepper. Garlic salt, black pepper and Old Bay. Splash of white is good if you have it. Form the foil with the fish and seasonings into a packet and cook over the grill.

Trout is not one of my favorite eating fishes. Here we catch walleye and Lake Erie perch as well. Fleshy firm white meat and just great. If we're lucky to get a salmon in the fall or spring, well, that's a special treat over the grill.

Too bad you had to freeze him, much better fresh.

Good luck with your "Boss."