A new RWS Diane 34 in .22 cal | SouthernPaddler.com

A new RWS Diane 34 in .22 cal

islandpiper

After lots of study, some test shooting, catalog search, advice and questions i finally settled on a new RWS Diana 34 in .22 cal. It arrived yesterday from Pyramyd Air. Nice folks, fair price, no shipping cost. I gave it a short exercise period after dinner last night and plan to punch some more paper targets this weekend.

Yes, it is a conventional springer.

piper

rhutchinson

Jan 18, 2008
Middle Tn.
What were the features that sold you on this one? Why a conventional over the new gas shock type ? Details Man Details! :lol: :lol:

Richard

islandpiper

Probably personal experience more than anything led me to the RWS. Jdupre' has one and Keith has one, and i've handled and shot them both. No one i know has a gas ram and I've never shot one. Gas rams are pretty new as air gun powerplants. They sound good in the advertising, they SOUND good in the YouTube videos. Maybe it was Bill Gates who convinced me to go with the RWS: every time Microsoft comes out with a new operating system they SOUND REAL GOOD and then in a month there are break downs and break ins and you need to get the new "fix" to plug all the holes.

With the RWS springer I have a better idea that what i'm getting will operate for an acceptable period and is "maintainable" by a simple violin maker. Springs cost about $20. Rams are costing $110 .

Now, having said all that, i like the quiet idea of the rams and i like the single-recoil idea of the rams.

You get one and break it in, then come to Rendezvous and show it off. I'd love to try one. If I'm real good, and save my tip money maybe I'll get one some day.

piper

rhutchinson

Jan 18, 2008
Middle Tn.
Tried and true is a good way to go. It's a lot of money to gamble on a pig in a poke. I'm not in a hurry to purchase. Maybe by the time I'm ready there will be some milage on the gas rams and a better idea of how they hold up. My criteria will be power and longevity first with quiet a close second. I'm still having fun with my 1377 and become more confident everyday that it's going to do a good job at it's intended purpose.

Richard

islandpiper

Richard, if you add up the gas, the food and the snacks and the cost of two movie tickets to go see some stupid flick that no one will remember in two years it will probably be more than the cost of a 1377 and a couple thousand pellets. The 1377, in the long run, will be lots more fun and will last for years. Get your wife and kids shooting on the patio or in the basement and it will be great bonding time, lots of laughs and friendly competitions, etc......and in FORTY YEARS every one of your family members will remember it. piper

gbinga

Nov 7, 2008
Hoschton, GA
I have an RWS Dianna 36 that I have had for between 15 and 20 years. Beautiful machine. Don't know if their quality has held up over the years, but I certainly haven't had any complaints.

gbinga