A new tent here | SouthernPaddler.com

A new tent here

islandpiper

I got lucky on Tuesday and got into a Coleman Factory Store when they were having the annual truckload sale. DANGER, WILL ROBINSON......DO NOT GO IN!!!

WOW......lots of toys from camp and boat furniture to tents, bags, packs, lights, kitchens, everything Coleman makes. By the time i left i had about $80 spent and had a big bag of stuff......lots of small items from salt and pepper shakers, to a new lensatic compass and an aluminum water bottle. Also, bought a new tent: Coleman, pretty light weight, easy to set up and pack, not too ugly, two man size so it will fit me and my gear. Cost a whole whopping $34

I like my hammock , especially in hot weather, but we camp in the winter here, at about twenty degrees the last couple of times and even in Kayak Jack likes to dance around in his mummy bag and do the Worm Wiggle to get settled, it wears me down. So, next Jan/Feb i'll be on the ground.

piper

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
I like getting a big bunch of goodies myself. Piper, have you considered a cot to sleep on. A couple of forum memebers swear by them. They look a might more comfortable than any sleeping pad and have the bonus of a "basement" underneath to increase your storage area.

Joey

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Piper.....

Joey is right. :D
If your new tent is at lease 7 x 7 ( the normal two person size ) then a cot would fit in there.

I have used one in the past when tent camping and if you place it corner to corner it gives you a lot of room in the tent , both for the gear and for yourself.

I like the corner to corner since I can put all my gear on one side and have the other open for me , don't forget to place stuff under the cot. The stuff under the cot are the normal things I like to have available during the night.

You will find that a light weight cot is comfortable and it will remind you of sleeping in a hammock since you are up off the ground.

Chuck.