A Sleeping Bag made for Hammock Camping. | SouthernPaddler.com

A Sleeping Bag made for Hammock Camping.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Poking around on the web I located something that makes sense to me. It is a sleeping bag that fits over and under a hammock so when you are in the hammock the bag is not compressed under you since the bag is under the bottom of the hammock. The top of the bag is over the hammock so the camper is sandwiched between them and stays nice and warm with out any cold spots.

Click on this link..... http://www.grandtrunkgoods.com/
Then go to Gear , when the drop down menu shows up go down to hammock accessories and the Hammock sleeping bag.

Chuck......

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Kayak Jack said:
How in the world did you dig deeply enough to find that??!!

Looks like it wraps around a hammock? Looks like it would work with a hammock that doesn't have screen or shelter sewn to it.

The hammock goes threw the center of the bag , if you want to use the bag without a hammock then each end closes so it is air tight.
It works only with hammocks like the Eagle Nest Ones , hammocks that are open and not equipped with rain fly's and screening like the Hennessey or Clark Hammocks.
The rain fly's and bug screening are separate items to be used with the hammocks.

Chuck.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
In my Hennessy, I ended up using a closed cell foam pad inside, under the bag & me. Several times, I wrassled with various versions of "under quilts". I couldn't ever get one to stay in place or work. Same with reflective blankets.

A nice little fireplace would be handy. Lay in there, toast marshmallows, hot dogs, etc. :|