A Trip Report of a Different Kind | SouthernPaddler.com

A Trip Report of a Different Kind

Steve

Well, Saturday morning, we got up about 3:30 and milled around awhile before we went for breakfast at 7:00. Come 11:00 we were at the church and went through a little rehearsal. After the rehearsal, I left Susie at the church and came home to get ready. . . Then I headed back to the church. . .

Here's some pics of the day's events. . .

My lovely bride:
dscf0052.jpg

Me and my best man. . .Who let the outlaws in? :
dscf0058.jpg

Me and the minister:
dscf0064.jpg

Getting a little impatient:
dscf0084.jpg

Saying the "I Do's":
dscf0098.jpg

And, finally:
dscf0140.jpg

(Continued in the next post)

Steve

Sunday morning, we got up and took a little trip. . . to a place called Lochsa Lodge:
dscf0218.jpg

A nice place, to be honest. . . We had rented aone of their rustic cabins (wood heat and no bathroom) for two nights. . . we were going cheapie, you know. . . Well, we got there and they upgraded us to one of their newer cabins with gas heat and bath since we were honeymooning. . . . all for what we were supposed to pay for the rustic cabin. . .

While there the temps dropped to -20 degrees. . . (Can anyone explain to me why I could run all over the mountains with my camera like it was only 35 or 40 degrees then I get back here where its 8 and 13 degrees and I can't get warm. . .?)

Anyway. . . even though the temp was -20. . . I was out with my camera getting some pics of the Lochsa River for you guys. . .

dscf0220.jpg

Here's one of the Clearwater River on the way to the lodge. . . see the difference?
dscf0163.jpg

dscf0232.jpg

dscf0213-1.jpg

dscf0167.jpg

dscf0170.jpg

dscf0183.jpg

Well, we got back yesterday afternoon and have gone back to work and life as returned to normal. . .

A very, very GOOD. . . . normal. :D

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Steve said:
. . .While there the temps dropped to -20 degrees. . . (Can anyone explain to me why I could run all over the mountains with my camera like it was only 35 or 40 degrees then I get back here where its 8 and 13 degrees and I can't get warm. . .?)
First, let me congratulate the newly weds. Good on ya! And, very nice pics of the mountain areas.

Most likely explanation is humidity. Dry air doesn't transmit heat as rapidly as does wet air. A freeze/thaw/refreeze cycle will put a lot of moisture into the air, and then it takes a day or so of continuously cold WX to get rid of it and gain low humidity again. That, and your blood was already hot. :wink:

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Congratulations on the wedding and some terrific scenery in the mountains. Not sure how you did it but the frozen waterfall is really nice. The one picture of you with the pocket watch could of been taken in Dodge City a long time ago. Made me think of High Noon. :D

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
Congrats Steve and Suzie,
Glad everything went your way.
Anybody notice how long it took to make a report on the wedding. Almost a whole week. :shock: Probally lucky to get one this soon. :wink:
Bob

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Kayak Jack said:
Steve reminded me that all kitchen appliances come in white.

Dang , down here there are all sorts of choices since we can get kitchen appliances in all the different designer colors , even stainless Steel and lately one appliance store has been running sales at 70% off. Don't know why Steve would want a kitchen appliance since he has been cooking up some good treats and posting the recipes on the forum. Unless some appliance was a wedding gift to the two of them. :? :? :? guess I missed the post about that.