1/2 cup Green onions -- chopped
1/2 cup Bell pepper -- chopped
1 small Tomato sauce
4 Onions -- chopped
2 cloves garlic -- crushed (2 to 3)
1/2 cup Parsley
Cayenne pepper to taste
Salt and Pepper to taste
I tend to use some tomato bullion and chicken stock too, so adjust your salt according to what you like.
3 cups Rice -- cooked

Saute alligator cubes until tender. In a separate pan, make a roux by
cooking oil and flour over low heat until medium brown, or 1 small can of
tomato paste may be used as a substitute for roux mixture. Add cold water
to roux, followed by the remaining ingredients and alligator. Simmer
approximately 1 hour and serve over cooked rice.

Running low on gator ? Use cubed chicken, prepared the same way...plus some shrimp or crawfish. Can't get crawfish at the market? Oh-oh.....one more reason NOT to live in Michigan.

piper

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I was thinking about going swampy.......
Split the difference ..... Use half Gator and half Turtle cubes ( Nuggets) of meat with some Crawdads or Shrimp , Crawdads would be better since it is a swamp thing. :D

Yankees could use all Chicken and Shrimp since they don't have the GOOD Stuff to use. :lol:

Just an idea on my part...............
Three pints of cold water , heat the water , cook the crawdads in it , clean them and drop the heads back in , boil it to get that fat in it from the heads to make a stock for this ... Remove them , let the water cool then use it in the recipe.. When it is just about done , drop the already cooked crawdad meat back in.

If you use more then the required amount of water to cook the crawdads , then you can always boil it down ( reduce it ) to increase the crawdad flavor in it.

Chuck........

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
chuck that recipe looks & sounds good. i will have to try it.if you running low on the main ingredient you can always get in your boat & take a short trip. :wink: :lol:

islandpiper

Yup great stuff. That was dinner tonight. May be lunch tomorrow for the cook, and the rest will go in to the back with my wife and feed all the tellers.

Made this batch with leftover crawfish that had been resting, shelled, in the freezer since last spring.

Gooooooood stuff.

piper

islandpiper

Yup, and they all smiled and said to say "Hi".
crawfish.jpg

piper