Another Newbie | SouthernPaddler.com

Another Newbie

TarDevil

Dec 18, 2008
Great site, folks.

Here's my little pirogue, built last summer. Except for a bit of epoxy and fiberglass I had laying around, everything came from Lowes for an approximate total cost of $150.

100_0762-1.jpg

Looking forward to reading more and getting to know everyone.

beemer

Jan 5, 2009
Great looking boat tar. I am partial to the natural / wood stain look / but that paint has a beautiful shine, what kinda paint did you use?

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend TD,

I like yer boat......love the look of that water. Where iz it?

regards 'n welcome
bearridge

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. Thomas Jefferson

Oyster

Dec 5, 2008
OBX North Carolina
Not too shabby there, especially for a Tar Hill fan. :lol: Most cannot tie their own shoes when they leave home, from what I have witnessed. :p
But you gotta show the guys that big hole you left in the quarterknees to simplify the carrying of the boat too. Smart and that redeamed yourself of all the disfunctional attributes of a fan of UNC. 8)
[muttering under my breath, you will get no slack here] :twisted:

TarDevil

Dec 18, 2008
beemer said:
Great looking boat tar. I am partial to the natural / wood stain look / but that paint has a beautiful shine, what kinda paint did you use?
Kilz primer, Rustoleum oil paint (Almond interior, green exterior, Helmsman spar urethane on the brite stuff)

bearridge said:
Friend TD,
I like yer boat......love the look of that water. Where iz it?
regards 'n welcome
bearridge
Broad River, western NC

Oyster said:
Not too shabby there, especially for a Tar Hill fan. :lol: Most cannot tie their own shoes when they leave home, from what I have witnessed. :p
But you gotta show the guys that big hole you left in the quarterknees to simplify the carrying of the boat too. Smart and that redeamed yourself of all the disfunctional attributes of a fan of UNC. 8)
[muttering under my breath, you will get no slack here] :twisted:

Well, some of us didn't marry our cousins (though I got one most of un's would LOVE to meet!).
:D

And I know I ain't getting no slack from certain saltwater geezer mentors!! :lol:

Here's that hole you wuz speaking of...
100_0362.jpg

Thanks for the nice comments, everyone!