Anybody paddle in the NC piedmont area? | SouthernPaddler.com

Anybody paddle in the NC piedmont area?

shotgunanglr

May 11, 2005
North Carolina
Hay y'all -

I've recently moved to the Charlotte North Carolina area with my wife and 6 year old daughter and would like to hear from other paddlers in the North Carolina Piedmont area who would be interested in getting together for some family paddling.

shotgunanglr

May 11, 2005
North Carolina
Yep, that was me Matt. Looking forward to meeting you in the flesh. I did a little internet research on High Rock, looks pretty interesting. There is even a family amusement park near there that my daughter would probably love. They have a petting zoo and a miniature train ride, two of Angel's favorite things, animals and trains. Drop me an e-mail when you get back so we can make plans.

shotgunanglr

May 11, 2005
North Carolina
Swampy,

Matt said he wouldn't be available until after the second week in June and I'm going to be in New Jersey June 18 thru the 25th to attend wifes nieces graduations. So I guess the short answer is we don't know yet. :(

Swampy

Aug 25, 2003
Southeastern North Carolina
There is a beautiful place to paddle. The Uwharee empties into Lake Tillery ( Badin Lake up stream about 5 miles).
Mount Morrow State Park across from where the Uwharree empties.

swampy
ps
This section is being considered for the 2006 or 2007 paddle for the Old Geezer's Paddlin Expedition. The Uwharree is a class I & II river in spring. Good National Forest land to camp along.