anybody use a humminbird fishin buddy? | SouthernPaddler.com

anybody use a humminbird fishin buddy?

crkdltr

Mar 3, 2009
Humminbird has been around forever. I'm interested in something like that only for depth finding. If u didn't know already they make small batteries that are good for accessories like that for those who are needing something space and weight conscience. Check out academy or bass pro/cabellas. I think they are only 30.00 or 40.00 dollars.

Sorry, I just. Now realized the "fishing buddy" was something for the fishing rod.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
bluegrasslover said:
Yea, I'm talking about the "Fishin Buddy". It's an all in one portable fish finder.

I don't have one of those but I do have one of the old Hummingbird portable's , a good 20 years old. It is self contained in a small case that I sit on the flood of the boat in front of me. The transducer has a suction cup on it and I stick it right at the water line on the boat as I paddle along.
Never have had much luck locating fish but I sure can tell you how deep the water is. :lol: By the way , not sure about your neck of the woods but down here if you see a bunch of the fish icons lined up nose to tail don't stick your paddle down there to make them scatter.
With that old unit that I have they are not fish but a Gator laying under the boat. It does get the depth correct. :roll:

Chuck.