Asplundh , Florida Power and Light SUCK. | SouthernPaddler.com

Asplundh , Florida Power and Light SUCK.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Asplundh ( Half Assed ) tree-trimmers and Florida Power and Light pass the buck.

Well we made it threw the Hurricane ( Mathew ) with little damage and were quite happy about that. It took the wife and I a couple of days to bag all the tree trash so the garbage service would pick it up.

The yard looks great , it is nice , trimmed , cut and clean.

Then Asplundh shows up on 10-11-16 and wants to have permission to enter the back yard to trim out some of the trees under the power line , naturally I told them to go ahead and trim the trees. BIG MISTAKE.

They trimmed large branches and small branches , then moved all the branches to the front yard by the road and made a good sized pile. They were busy doing this and that with all there trucks , bucket trucks , chain saws , hand saws. I should of noticed they were missing a wood chipper to grind up all the cut branches with. When they were done they got in the vehicles and drove away never to be seen again.

They only do 75% of the job ( no wood chipper ) and if they were relying on satisfied customers to support them they would be out of business in a week. Fortunately they are contracted by the power company who has the same consideration for it's customers , pay your bill and go to Hell.

What tree trimming service trims the trees , piles all the trimmings in persons yards and does not use a wood chipper to grind up the cuttings and clean up after themselves ..... answer Asplundh

I call there office after a couple of day realizing they are not going to do a dam thing about the mess they made in my front yard. They tell me it is the power company who will have a truck and chipper come by to remove the pile of branches. But 1st I have to call the power company since they don't.

OK , I call the power company on Monday 10-17-16 and after a lot of back and forth ( she thought it was hurricane damage and I explained it was after the hurricane and a brush pile made by Asplundh trimming live wood ) this lady tells me they will have the branches removed by quitting time the next working day which would be Tuesday the 18th since it was not hurricane damage.

The 18 arrives and leaves and the pile is still there.
The 19th .....I call the power company again and they tell me it is not there problem and I have to contact the county to have it removed. I asked they why did the lady tell me it would be removed on Tuesday ???? "O" the work order was sent in at 9 A.M. and refused at 12:00 P.M. Because it was HURRICANE DAMAGED BRANCHES. ( They did not even have the courtesy to call and let me know , They have my address , phone number and all sorts of information ) I explained for the 5th time it was Asplundh damaged branches done after the hurricane as a part of tree trimming of green wood authorized by the power company.

I called the county and they are trying to clean up all the piles of branches folks have and could not say when they would be in my area. So I have two choices , cut all the branches up so they fit in a garbage can lined with a trash bag and bag all of the pile one bag at a time or leave it by the road , killing the grass , till the county can get to it.

One consultation is that my yard is not the only one with a pile of tree trash in it , there are a lot of them with storm damage branches and even more now that Asplundh did there thing out here.

All I can tell you is that it has been a nightmare and if Asplundh knocks on your front door wanting to trim some trees on your property by power lines tell them to Go To Hell and don't stop till they get there.
AS far as the power company , Florida Power and Light they can go there also.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Asplundh is the manufacturer of the equipment. Blaming them, is like blaming Smith & Wesson when somebody murders somebody else.

Guns don't kill people; people kill people.
Chain saws and related equipment don't leave messes behind; people leave messes behind.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Kayak Jack said:
Asplundh is the manufacturer of the equipment. .

Asplundh is on the sides of all there equipment indicating a tree trimming service. I'm sure they do not make the trucks.
Plus they describe themselves as .............Asplundh Tree Expert Co. is an American company which specializes in tree pruning and vegetation management for utilities and government agencies.

It was the PEOPLE ( There employees ) that left the mess behind. I know that for a fact since I was there watching everything. Since it was the employees of Asplundh I hold them responsible for there employees actions. The employees only do what management tells them and management has the final responsibility.

Your right about the chain saws and the rest of the equipment which was well mannered and did not leave any mess. Even the trucks did not leak any oil on the pavement or leave any muddy tire tracks.

Gamecock

Jul 17, 2012
Hey Chuck, your right, Asplund is a nation wide tree trimming business. They usually have low-lifes and flunkies working for them. Dave.

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
Why would a tree trimming service only bid part of a job. They would make more money on a turnkey job, cut down to clean up. Just be careful what you say to them Chuck. Remember, saying "Ya'll better come clean this up or else" can be construed as terroristic threats where "kill the cops" and "smoke the pigs" is freedom of speech. 'I'm just saying' (never did know what that phrase meant).
Bob

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
We could not stand it any more and over a three day period the wife and I filled 20 of the big 39 gallon Yard trash bags with the krap those so called tree trimmers left in our front yard.

The county said they would get in the area with the clam shell truck to pick up the curb side branches but they could not say when. One local news center came out with a broadcast saying it might not be till Christmas time for all of the hurricane damaged stuff in the county to be picked up.

We used hand clippers to cut up the smaller stuff and a saw to cut the larger stuff so all of it could be bagged. The normal yard trash trucks will not pick up yard trash unless it is bagged.

We took a bag and put it inside a large round plastic trash can and filled it ( I packed the smaller branches , leaves and twigs by hand compressing them so each bag was well packed ) , then removed it , tied the top and placed it curbside. Others were placed on the side till next week's pickup day. They will pick up a max of 10 each Wednesday so it will take two weeks to get rid of all the bags.

There are some bags they will have fun tossing in the truck ( The ones with the larger branches cut into 12 to 14 inch chunks , those bags ( 5 of them ) are about 1/2 to 3/4 filled and not compressed ) while other ones will be easier to toss. I mix and matched them curbside just to make it fun. :lol:

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
Chuck,
Send them a bill for your time and labor and throw some extra dollars in for mental anguish just to see how they respond. Resend the bill every two weeks. Who knows, you might get a check in the mail.
Bob

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I rather hand deliver to each of the CEO's ( of the two business ) an pissed off Skunk in a small box with the instructions to shake the box before opening it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
One problem with that idea .....I don't want anything to do with a Skunk ( two or four legged ) and that would include those two SOB'S.
I have found , in my life time , that real SOB's get their just rewards ( not good ones ) in the long run.