BAGNA CAULDA-Italy | SouthernPaddler.com

BAGNA CAULDA-Italy

Kahuna

Aug 27, 2003
DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS
This is something I make alot. It's a great New Years Eve treat! KAHUNA 8)

BAGNA CAULDA-Italy

2 2-OUNCE CANS FLAT ANCHOVIES, DRAINED
10 GARLIC CLOVES MINCED
2 STICKS BUTTER
1 cup olive oil
1. Saute garlic in 1 stick of butter till golden, add the
remaining stick and stir until melted.(be careful not to burn
the garlic.
2. Add the olive oil.
3. Add the drained anchovies and cook at medium heat till
dissolved.

Serve warm with fresh vegetables and hard crusted Italian
bread for dipping.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Kahuna,

That sounds like mitey dang good eatin' ta me....even got the spit flowin' in my mouth. :mrgreen:

regards
bearridge

Our government... teaches the whole people by its example. If the government becomes the lawbreaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy. Louis D. Brandeis

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Hi Mike! Happy New Year! Hey, I just had Bagna Caulda Christmas Eve!
Grand Parents had it alot in the winter months. I guess the garlic wards off colds and evil spirits, the chovy's just gave 'em a powerful thrist for more Vino! :wink:

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
JEM said:
10 gloves??? :shock:

You just can't never have too many Eye-tal-yun love apples. That's what
Pop called them. I slice up 2-3 cloves and put them on a fried fish sandwich with tartar and habanero hot sauce. Pop loved them that way.
Don't forget your Eye-tal-yun love apples before your date New Years Eve Jack! :roll:

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Not picking on what Kahuna listed in his recipe but ........... ANCHOVIES.

I have eaten things I am sure none of you have and thought you would never eat but one thing I draw the line at is those little , salty , smelly chovy's ..... They are nasty.

They are worse then sardines that have been left out in the sun for six months. Heck they are related to the sardine if not a cousin and that sort of says it.

I know .. this is what keeps the world turning and I am sure you would hate Rattlesnake , Gator , Turtle or some of the other items we like down here , like the #1 item ....... Grits , the food of the God's. :D http://grits.com/

Chuck.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Oh woe iz me. Miz Bear sez the Sparkanator iz rite....on the anchovies....'n the sardines.
bek216.gif

I aim ta fix Kahuna's Banga Cum Lauda anyway. It oughta go good on grits.

regards
bearridge

But I am a superstitious man...and so if some unlucky accident should befall my youngest son, if some police officer should accidentally shoot him, or if he should hang himself in his cell, or if my son is struck by a bolt of lightning, then I will blame some of the people here. That, I could never forgive, but...aside from that, let me swear by the souls of my grandchildren that I will never be the one to break the peace we have made. Don Corleone

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Az our pal Bud sez "I done okay with my newer wife".
1244.gif

regards
bearridge

Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph. unknown high school student

Kahuna

Aug 27, 2003
DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS
Tried it??

Hope some of you tried the recipe. Yep....onions and peppers sure are good :!:
Kahuna

Gator said:
Kahuna,
This sounds good, but didn't you overlook the onions & peppers? Onions & peppers make just about everything better.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Kahuna,

I fixed myownself some. It wuz good on a bagel 'n in my salad, but I liked it best on a baked potato. Mmmm.....Mmmmmm. I also steamed some broccoli, meanin' ta add some butter 'n squeeze some fresh lemon juice on it. Jest az I opened the door ta the ice box, it hit me like a big pizza pie....dont use plain ole butter, use the Bagna Cum Lauda. It wuz good hot, but it wuz also good cold.

Next time I aim ta double up on them little salty fishes.

many thanks
bearridge

The majority of pacifists either belong to obscure religious sects or are simply humanitarians who object to taking life and prefer not to follow their thoughts beyond that point. But there is a minority of intellectual pacifists, whose real though unacknowledged motive appears to be hatred of western democracy and admiration for totalitarianism. Pacifist propaganda usually boils down to saying that one side is as bad as the other, but if one looks closely at the writing of the younger intellectual pacifists, one finds that they do not by any means express impartial disapproval but are directed almost entirely against Britain and the United States. George Orwell

Kahuna

Aug 27, 2003
DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS
Friend Bearridge.....

Glad you liked it. You are now an honorary "EYE-TALIAN" :lol:

KAHUNA :D

bearridge said:
Friend Kahuna,

I fixed myownself some. It wuz good on a bagel 'n in my salad, but I liked it best on a baked potato. Mmmm.....Mmmmmm. I also steamed some broccoli, meanin' ta add some butter 'n squeeze some fresh lemon juice on it. Jest az I opened the door ta the ice box, it hit me like a big pizza pie....dont use plain ole butter, use the Bagna Cum Lauda. It wuz good hot, but it wuz also good cold.

Next time I aim ta double up on them little salty fishes.

many thanks
bearridge

The majority of pacifists either belong to obscure religious sects or are simply humanitarians who object to taking life and prefer not to follow their thoughts beyond that point. But there is a minority of intellectual pacifists, whose real though unacknowledged motive appears to be hatred of western democracy and admiration for totalitarianism. Pacifist propaganda usually boils down to saying that one side is as bad as the other, but if one looks closely at the writing of the younger intellectual pacifists, one finds that they do not by any means express impartial disapproval but are directed almost entirely against Britain and the United States. George Orwell