Baked Chicken & Bacon | SouthernPaddler.com

Baked Chicken & Bacon

JEM

There's probably a better name for this but oh well.

-4 large chicken breasts
-1 Pack of bacon
-1 can of cream of chicken soup, 10-ounce
-8 ounces of sour cream
-5 ounces Blue Cheese salad dressing
-1/2 cup brown sugar

Mix the cream of chicken and sour cream. Mix in 5 ounces of blue cheese (use the 1/2 empty soup can)

Butterfly cut the chicken breasts. Rub some brown sugar inside the butterfly cut. Put in 1/2 piece of bacon and close the breast. Wrap the breast in 2 pieces of bacon. Place in greased 9 x 13. Do this for all the breasts.

Season the chicken to taste like with pepper, garlic powder, etc. Watch the salt because the bacon and soup will have a lot in it.

Spoon on the soup mixture onto each chicken breast. Use all the mixture. You'll have a thin layer in the bottom of the dish.

I spkinkled on a layers of shreaded parm cheese and turned out pretty good.

Bake uncovered for about 45 minutes on 400.

Make with rice or mashed potatoes.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
JEM said:
There's probably a better name for this ...
Pretty close to cordon bleu. For that, I butterfly a boneless, skinless chicken breasts, & insert a slice of ham.

I prefer to then fry it in a cast iron pan, some bake the stuff. When almost done, lay slices of cheese over it. Swiss cheese is good. I've never added blue cheese to the ham inside the chicken. If you do, do it near the end of cooking just before serving, I'd think.

I suppose that a bit of garlic in beside the ham is a good idea too. Garlic is NEVER a bad idea. (Ask for my oatmeal recipe.)

I've always wanted to jerk slices of chicken breast, then reconstitute it for a dinner like this in camp. I'm thinking that it deserves reconstitution in red wine.