Battery or plug in camping fan. | SouthernPaddler.com

Battery or plug in camping fan.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
While shopping at Lowes for a storage shed I located something of interest for camping.

It is a battery or electrical (plug in) powered fan ( which ever way you want it) , nice and thin and light weight for $20.00. ( the bill with Jacksons picture on it) :lol:

It is the one made by O2Cool. and I am thinking will be really nice to use in my little pop up camper on the trip in September since it does not have an AC unit in it.

While traveling the highways and byways of the states going to the kids wedding in Canada and then camping for me . I will have the fan to use. A campsite has power , then plug it in , If they don't then just turn it on. Makes no difference to me.

As long as I have some moving air , I am comfortable. This fan would also be great for down here when a hurricane takes the power out. The batteries in it will run the fan for 72 hours. I got the Model #1078 which is the one on the top right side , if you click on all of the battery , plug in fans. or just use this link to see it.
http://www.o2-cool.com/1078_battery.php

Unlike most battery powered fans that are a joke this one does move some air and lots of it. Someone has finally made a fan for small campers or tent campers. This is just one of a lot of them they make.

Chuck.
PS. Camping and paddling in Canada I will be using the hammock , the little camper weighs 255 pounds and I don't think the boat (kayak) would float with it on it and me in there paddling. :roll:

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
Hey chuck just happened to have one like you are talking about. Wife purcahsed on our last expedition to the altamaha. The batteries do last awhile & does alright for the $20.00. Or you could plug it up if you have ac.

The batteries for this is alot smaller than a car battery . I have some of the clip on fans like you get @ wally world in my rv (school bus) :) You can run two of them off a charged battery for two or three nights . They give off plenty of air.

Course the car battery would weight less than 225 pounds & you would still be cool. :wink:

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
Hey Jack old sparky probally would be giving off alot of hot air wouldn,t he. :wink: :lol: fan might not do no good would it .

4sons

Apr 5, 2005
little fan

I have one of these models that has the LED lamp, you can see a picture of it on that same website.

A couple of weeks ago I spent a week with the boy scouts at summer camp. South Alabama in July HOT. Of course I am a geezer in training so I slept in my Hennessy all week.

A friend that was also sleeping in his HH bought us a couple of those fans, we screwed a couple of locking hooks in the bottom, flipped it upside down, and attached it to the ridge line in the hammock. Now I slept cool all week off one set of batteries. I actually would wake up early in the morning and have to turn the fan off because I was cold.

4sons