Bean Soup...The easy way | SouthernPaddler.com

Bean Soup...The easy way

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Guy's here is the easy way to make some really good Bean Soup. I am having some tonight. 15 bean soup with Ham Hocks , cornbread.

There 15 bean soup mix has the following beans in it (15 different ones but they list 17)
Northern, Pinto, Large Limas, Blackeye , Baby Lima , Green Split Pea ,Kidney ,Cranberry Bean , Small White , Pink Bean , Small Red , Yellow Split Pea ,Lentil , Navy , White Kidney , Black Bean , Pearl Barley Bean.

They are packaged up by the Hurst's Company and they call it the HamBeans.... http://www.hambeens.com/

I use two smoked ham hocks , a good size onion in the soup but I don't use there season pack .... Do my own. Let it cook all day and gas up at night. :lol: :lol:

For out camping use about 1/4 to 1/3 of the bag of beans (depending on how thick you want your soup that night) and I put them in a 32 oz Nalgene, Wide mouth water bottle full of water. Let it roll around in the bottom of your boat then at supper time just dump the soup mix in your pot.

Now you can add a ham bullion cube and some dried onion flakes if you want to add some rice, which will need some more water, cook then enjoy.

Chuck.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Camper# 1 to Camper# 2, "Do you know the difference between a cocktail lounge - and an elephant fart?"

Camper# 2, "No, Chuck, I don't know the difference between a cocktail lounge - and an elephant fart. What is it?" I asked, retreatingly.

Camper# 1, "Well, one is a bar room, and the other is a BAR ROOM!!"

( Jack ..You should not have picked on my Bean soup.....It is not nice to pick on Father Nature.......Remember I can change anything you put on this forum :lol: :lol: snicker , snicker.... Chuck. ) Yes , I will have all of the windows open in my bedroom tonight with a fan blowing fresh air over me, now the folks living around me ...that is there problem..(see why I sleep alone when out camping and you thought it was the snoring)....