Bear Creek Foods......... | SouthernPaddler.com

Bear Creek Foods.........

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
While packing for a two night camping trip and using the backpack ( Not a boat ) I located something that is great for us lazy folks that like to eat good while camping.
Perfect for hot lunches or suppers while out there enjoying life. :D

Bear Creek Foods make a large assortment of soups that are dehydrated and light weight to carry. All you do in camp is to add the dehydrated soup mix to boiling water and then simmer for the allotted time to have supper ready. One bag from them weighs 9.3 Oz and makes 8 cups of soup.
The local grocery store has them along with most Wally Worlds and out grocery store has them , two for $7.00. Prices vary depending on where you locate them.

For smaller servings 1/4 cup of the dry will make one cup of soup. Just measure out the amount you want and zip lock it , then label the amount of water needed and the cooking time on the zip lock.

http://www.bearcreekcountrykitchens.com/

Needless to say a person can add more to them like Chicken chunks in the Chicken Noodle ( 10 minute cooking time ) and there Chili needs a 6 Oz can of tomato paste for it and a simmering time of 20 minutes.

They have Pastas but the folks carrying them are few and not down here in Florida. :evil: Bear Creek™ Pastas are currently available in Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska & Wisconsin:

Chuck.....
Before you ask , Yes I have a nice "T" Bone Steak with a Baked Potato for the 1st night. :wink:

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
I have some of these too. My only concern with them is the large amount of salt. Damned near enough to jerk a whole deer. I agree with you about both easy and tasty. Hot soup in camp - especially on a cold, rainy day - is a bloody god-send.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Most soups have a high sodium content , even Campbell Soups. The Chunky ones from Campbell's are higher in sodium then the Bear Creek.
After sweating all day the sodium is needed as an electrolyte replacement or so the foot ball coach use to tell us after a game. :roll: