Beef Stew , Not from the Can. | SouthernPaddler.com

Beef Stew , Not from the Can.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Well ..... With the wife home sick and after all the homemade chicken an Noodle soup I made I decided on something more filling.

The butcher had some really good cuts of beef for a stew so I got two packs of the meat. About or almost 3 pounds.

Started the meat by browning it in some olive oil around 10 this morning , then when it was really going good and browned with some salt & pepper on it , stirred it and then de glazed the pot with some white wine.

A short time later I added a shade of water and a cut up onion....... Let that cook while adding more water as it cooked down during the day. Later on tossed in some veges , Carrots , celery , diced up and later some peas , lamas , snap beans and when everything was happy some diced up taters.

Don't tell the wife but there was some Okra in there , it cooked down so she had no idea it was in the meal. :lol:

Especially since I had one serving and she had two but ole pups , he helped me on the one I had and then I had a bowl of it cooling down for him which vanished when he got it , so I gave him a little more.

It has been a miserable day here , windy , wet and with some rain I would expect out camping ... You know the type that makes frogs wish they were in boats or had inner tubes for flotation. Plus it is going to cool down according to the weather idiots. So it is best to have something good and filling in ya before hitting the sack.

Besides the stew will be even better tomorrow when we have the rest of it and there is plenty left over.

Old picture from a different posting but it looks just the same as the supper tonight. Heck even like when I cook it up out camping but then it is in a Cast Iron Dutch Oven.

stew%20001.jpg

Chuck.