Beef Stew...... | SouthernPaddler.com

Beef Stew......

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Doing some Beef Stew for supper tonight.

This cool snap has us wanting something filling for supper and the Grocery Store had a sale on Beef Stew chunks. :D

Rescued about three pounds of the stew meat from all the ladies after it and brought it home for safe keep and a dip in the hot pot... not crock pot or hot tub. :lol:

Took a big pot and added some olive oil , heated it up and added the meat to it with some salt & pepper and a little Cayenne.

When the meat was browned and wanted to stick to the bottom of the pot , about a cup of white wine was gracefully added to it ( dumped in there to DE-glaze the pot ). The whole mess stirred up and reduced to a simmer.

One unsuspecting onion was butchered ( diced ) and added along with some water. After a while some chopped up celery was invited to join the beef and onion in the wine and water hot tub.

This was left alone so everything can get acquainted and some water was added as it cooked ( simmered ) down.

Later some peas , carrots , corn , limas , and snap beans ( Green beans if you are a Yankee ) will be added. After the soaking or swim for them .... three diced up baker potatoes will be invited for a dip in the simmering liquid and after about an hour from there initial dip the wife and I will rescue everything with a serving spoon and place them in a bowl for our supper.

All portions are what you like and what you like , if this was just for me some Okra would be in there but the Boss hates the stuff so we have to suffer without it.

I have made this out when camping for the guy's and when supper was over the pot ( Dutch oven ) did not need to be washed. :lol: The beauty of staying in one place two nights. I do not do this in a rush it is a from 10 to 5 cooking since all of it done over low heat and everything is added in stages. Part of the fun of being retired , besides it makes the place smell really ... GOOD. :D

The three of us .. The Wife , Pups and Myself will have it for two meals ,( southerners ) tonight and tomorrow ( When it will be better ). So the batch I am making would be good for 10 Yankees , 5 each night or two Australians for one night. Or one Texan for a snack. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chuckles............. Running and ducking the incoming rounds at this time.