1. The forums software has been upgraded and we are still sorting out its quirks.
    Please relay any problems you encounter. Thanks for your patience!
    Dismiss Notice

Big Changes - Forum Upgraded!

Discussion in 'General' started by Robin Bank, May 11, 2017.

1. Robin Bank

Robin Bank Administrator

Hey Guys/Gals, as you may have noticed, Southern Paddler has undergone some changes!

In an effort to the grow the community, the forum has been updated and with it has come some design changes.
    Over the next few days there will be more design changes as I adjust the default forum theme to better reflect the boating theme.

Your user profiles and messages should have all been migrated over but let me know if you run into any problems.

Cheers,
    Robin

BigKev77 likes this.
  2. oldsparkey

oldsparkey Well-Known Member

Guy's....

I think we owe Robin a big Thank You for updating the forum and keeping all of the information. It had to be a challenge and definitely took some time to manage it. The old system was failing and we were about ready to lose everything and becoming a memory.

I know he was up till 4:30 A.M. one morning working on the forum and making the changes so it would be completed and anyone would be able use the forum. Plus all of this was done using his free time.

Chuck.........

3. texastom

texastom Well-Known Member

Thanks Robin and Chuck for making and keeping this forum available.

4. mike

mike Well-Known Member

Thanks for the work! I know what a pain it is because I keep putting off upgrading and moving my site to a new server. Procrastination!

Mike

5. Gamecock

Gamecock Well-Known Member

Robin and Chuck, I want to thank you and I want you to know how much I appreciate what you've done. This site is one of my little pleasures in life. Dave.

6. beekeeper

beekeeper Well-Known Member

How do you send a private message to another member?

7. oldsparkey

Not sure if you can...... I have been using e-mail.

8. Wannabe

Wannabe Well-Known Member

When going down through the different sections there is no flashing lights or sirens to till you there is a new unread post there. Could be I am not doing something properly. Whatever the reason it is a real PITA.
    Bob

9. beekeeper

Are members' e-mail available to other members, if so how/where? I'm lost with Bob on looking for new posts.

10. oldsparkey

Not sure about what you see on the 1st page but on mine .............
    The balloons on the right column or side are bolder/darker then the rest. Then the tread with the article is highlighted , bolder/darker print then the rest of the threads.
    If you miss that then over in the far right column on the main page is a listing of the new postings and the sections. Look for your name at the top , then Members online , and finally New Posts.

I have not found the email addresses of any members on here or a section for private messages. I had the addresses from previous email conversations with folks.

11. mike

mike Well-Known Member

Here is a VIDEO showing how to private message in XenForo. Since the "Start a New Conversation" option does not appear here, I suspect an administrator will need to enable the feature.

Mike

12. beekeeper

Chuck, I don't know how I over looked the list of new post on the right side of the page. I overlooked the "balloons" because I did not even know there was a party going on.;) Thanks for the directions.

13. Kayak Jack

Kayak Jack Well-Known Member

No flashing lights. Dim bulbs subtly whisper, "Look here".

14. Wannabe

Unfortunately Jack, you have to slap me around sometimes to get my attention.:-{

15. Kayak Jack

Naww, all it takes is to just move your beer slightly out if your reach. ;-)

16. Wannabe

Busted again.

17. Kayak Jack

Are we still receiving/accepting readers from all the areas of the world that we were previously?

18. oldsparkey

Yep..........

19. Kayak Jack

20. Wannabe

Ahhh! Finally found the New Post button.