1. The forums software has been upgraded and we are still sorting out its quirks.
    Please relay any problems you encounter. Thanks for your patience!
    Dismiss Notice

Big Changes - Forum Upgraded!

Discussion in 'General' started by Robin Bank, May 11, 2017.

1. Kayak Jack

Kayak Jack Well-Known Member

I don't remember seeing a choice as to size. But then, I may ot be as good looking as other users. That's probably it.

2. oldsparkey

oldsparkey Well-Known Member

Me too. :)

3. swampwood

swampwood Well-Known Member

It gives you a choice if you post more than 1 pic at a time. Thumbs or regular

4. Kayak Jack

Ahh so! Clever people, these Japanese. It may also be different if posting from an iPad, instead of a desktop computer? Sometimes, they offer - or, force - different choices.

5. Robin Bank

Robin Bank Administrator

Regarding the image problem, on the old website images were being hosted by 3rd party hosting which we have no control over. If they feel like deleting the images, there is nothing we can do about it.
    During the migration to this new forum software, I had it import all the images it could find. The script would reach out to all the photos referenced in every post and attempt to retrieve it and save it permanently on this server. It managed to get some but there were some that were unreachable. All images added from that day on are now saved on the new hosting and we can hold on to it with no risk of them being removed by 3rd party.

Robin

6. beekeeper

beekeeper Well-Known Member

Switching to the "upgraded" site did not cause a picture problem for me. Photobucket's attempt to force users to pay for what was originally a free service did. If the new format allows posting directly from one's computer, that will be an improvement. I wish someone would post instructions for how to.
    This is probably a question for Robin. Is there a way to contact (personal message) other members that won't be seen by everyone else? Thanks again to Chuck and Robin for keeping the site going.

beekeeper

7. Kayak Jack

JD, where we write our message, (right here), one option is to "Upload a File". One option under that is to upload a picture. It's easy from an iPad, but I don't know how to do it from a Microsoft machine.

But, I did read the other day, that Bill Gates now has another $billion.

8. beekeeper

Test

I may have it figured. Thanks

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  9. beekeeper

Another ?

I am trying to edit a post to delete what once was a picture, but now appears as an advertisement :mad:(ransom note) from Photobucket. When I highlight that part of the message there is no "delete" function after I right click. What am I doing wrong?

beekeeper

10. Kayak Jack

Only thing wrong there is PhotoBucket.

11. beekeeper

Are you saying my spelling of "Photobucket" (little b) should be "PhotoBucket" (capital B)?
    My ? is how to delete the "PhotoBucket" part and not the whole post.

12. Kayak Jack

Shucks no, JD. You're my Grampa; I wouldn't say anything against you, ever. Just that PhotoB/bucket is involved. Their changed policy fouled up things here. Probably in a lot of other bulletin board operations too?

13. beekeeper

I am trying to edit a post to delete what once was a picture, but now appears as an advertisement :mad:(ransom note) from Photobucket. When I highlight that part of the message there is no "delete" function after I right click. What am I doing wrong?
    My ? is how to delete the "PhotoBucket" part and not the whole post.

14. oldsparkey

oldsparkey Well-Known Member

If you want to just get rid of the photobucket portion try the EDIT button and remove the information for photobucket.

15. beekeeper

Chuck, my question is for after clicking "EDIT". Normally (old way) I could highlight the picture code or any other part of the post. and then left click for options. One option was "DELETE". Now the options are "copy" or "save to picture folder".
    I do not want to delete the whole text. There is a function for that.

16. Kayak Jack

JD, place your cursor just to the right side of anything you want o dekete. Then use "Backslace" until stuff disapoears.

17. beekeeper

Thanks. I believes it works.

18. Kayak Jack

Anything for my Grampa! I'm looking right now, at the neat kayak you built for me. I enjoy it, thanks.