Black and Red Creek - Mississippi Rivers | SouthernPaddler.com

Black and Red Creek - Mississippi Rivers

Biloxi Bacon

Jun 11, 2006

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Gerry,

It iz black water, but ya kin see the gravel on the bottom. Black Creek iz a lot like the St. Mary, but iz guviment protected, so ya dont hear az much racket when ya paddle. Ya dont see much sign of people either, cept weekends in the summer.

It haz been a mitey long time since I paddled down it. I never wuz able ta convince any geezers ta give it a try. I dont know what it iz like at flood stage, cuz I never paddled it with the Master of Flowbizness. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Nice pichurs....more on the web...somewhere.

regards
bearridge
bodine explorin' club

Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. P. J. O'Rourke

Biloxi Bacon

Jun 11, 2006
oldsparkey said:
Looks like there are plenty of sand bars for camping and then follow that up with a leisurely drift down river.

Chuck, Google Earth, just in the last week, has updated to some higher resolution imagery for parts of our area. Love it!

I went upstream from where the Red Creek photo was taken and made this screenshot of a group of sandbars. Yes, there are plenty of them...
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h112/ ... ndBars.jpg

Black Creek doesn't have as many. But, there's certainly enough to find a campsite.

Joe