boat plan advice | SouthernPaddler.com

boat plan advice

tsigmon

May 25, 2011
Well, I might be getting the cart before the horse but I am starting to look for plans for the next project. I haven't even finished the pirogue I started 18 months ago . What I think I would like , and what will work might be too different things and I'm hoping the folks here with more experience will be able to help me. I will be using the new boat on Broad River in SC below the Neal Shoals Dam if a Goggle search helps anyone on advice. It is moving flat water with occasional small shoals and rock out crops in the moving flat water.

What I would like to find would be kind of like a drift boat I've seen out west but with straighter sides , narrower and not as much rocker. I would like to be able to row back up stream if I wanted too and have room for two adults. Thanks for any advice and suggestions.

tsigmon

May 25, 2011
Well...... yeah..... sometimes I feel dumb! Guess I just could expand the plans I have . Boy.... I don't feel too smart right now.

JEM

tsigmon said:
Well...... yeah..... sometimes I feel dumb! Guess I just could expand the plans I have . Boy.... I don't feel too smart right now.

:lol: wasn't meaning it like that. What you need/desire may not be an exact scale up in all 3 dimensions.

Pirogues are easy to draw up and build. Give a shout if you want a little assistance.