boats and music | SouthernPaddler.com

boats and music

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
I put in at 7:00 this morning and paddled the 1 1/2 miles to the 5 th annual Jam'n on Lake Verret music bash. Hot and humid just doesn't describe it. I was almost soaked to the skin when I got there.

There were a couple of dozen houseboats and dozens of smaller boats from 12 ft jon boats to 40' cigarette boats.

The bands set up on a big barge with their own generators as this site was a mile from the nearest powerline. Music ranged from old country, new country, swamp pop and a little rock and roll.

Did I mention it was HOT!

Joey

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
I saw an advertisement earlier about this event but did not understand where it was located. What part of the lake was it at? Where did you launch?

bee

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
Bee, I launched at Shell Beach Landing on the west side of the lake. The location of the event was north of the landing about 1 1/2 miles at the Pointe a Joe, at the northwest corner of the lake. The pirogue did a great job going across fairly flat open water. Averaged over 3 1/2 miles an hour. I was the only person that got there in a paddle craft.

Oh..... there were quite a few young ladies that were "qualified " to wear bikinis, BUT there were bunch of ....ahem.......bigger ladies that should NOT have worn bikinis!

Joey

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
jdupre' said:
Bee, I launched at Shell Beach Landing on the west side of the lake. The location of the event was north of the landing about 1 1/2 miles at the Pointe a Joe, at the northwest corner of the lake. The pirogue did a great job going across fairly flat open water. Averaged over 3 1/2 miles an hour. I was the only person that got there in a paddle craft.

Oh..... there were quite a few young ladies that were "qualified " to wear bikinis, BUT there were bunch of ....ahem.......bigger ladies that should NOT have worn bikinis!

Joey
What, no photos?