Boudain Omelette | SouthernPaddler.com

Boudain Omelette

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
I make myself a 2 egg omelette for myself bout every morning. This morning I made a 3 egg so Mrs. B could have some. During the week when I fix breakfast she is still asleep .
Break 2 eggs in a bowl and beat the tar out of them, add a little water (some people like to use milk) and beat some more.
Add some Tony's (Zatterains would work too, Bear), Garlic, and black pepper. Beat some more.
Get a couple of slices of onion and fine chop it and put in the eggs. Beat some more.
Cut one or two inches of boudain off the link. I get the generic grocery store hot boudain. I don't have access to real boudain like Seedtick brought to Pipers in March. His boudain was a delight to eat. When I bring boudain home from the store I put the links on the grill and smoke them. Makes them a lot better. Anyway, after cutting a peice off the link I cut the casing off and mash it up in a small skillet and heat it to dry it out a little and make it crumble out. Let it cool and put it into the eggs. Whup the eggs some more.
Spray Pam in my well seasoned skillet, turn the fire on and let it heat until it just starts to smoke. Dump the eggs in the skillet and let it set for just a little bit and turn the fire down. Put some swiss, motzerella, or what ever cheese you like on it.
Guess everyone knows what to do from now on.
Oh Yeah, Yak, Sometimes I mix in a few dashes of Rooster Sauce in the mixture.
Haven't figgured out how to get grits into the mixture yet.
Bob

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Wannabe said:
IOh Yeah, Yak, Sometimes I mix in a few dashes of Rooster Sauce in the mixture.
Haven't figgured out how to get grits into the mixture yet. Bob

Good job Bobason! Rooster sauce is goooood! I lay down some hot buttered grits on my plate and lay the omelette over the grits. That way i get a little gries with each forkful of the omelette.

When the cooler Autumn temperature get here, I'll make one of my favorites for dinner....Shrimp N' Grits!" :p Of course I love Fish N' Grits as much too!

Had a few dozen banana peppers from the harvest , cut the tops off this morning and stuffed them with Eye-Tal-Yun sausage and just stuck them in the oven for about a half hour. A lil 'mater sause over top, Parmesan cheese and Eye-Tal-Yun bread for dipping! MMMMM!

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Darn you guys are making me hungry and I am plum full after breakfast this morning.

As normal the wife and I hit the I Hop for the breakfast , a Sunday morning ritual. ***She has the eggs , bacon , toast , pancakes with the fruit on top and a hefty serving of whipped cream over them. Blueberries was the topping on the pancakes this morning.
*** ( The Rooty Tooty Fresh N' Fruity breakfast , one of there specialties. )

Me , the breakfast bar .... Eggs , bacon , grits an french toast with some strawberry syrup on it. Then for desert some biscuits with sausage gravy over them and a couple slices of cantaloupe. I got a tickle out of her , I came back with the biscuits and sausage gravy on them , she looked at it and said .... YUCKKkkkkkkkkk . :lol: By the way , sausage gravy on the grits ain't half bad either , just add some more pepper. :D

As you can guess , we skip lunch on Sundays. Every Sunday I get to skip cooking two meals. :wink:

Chuckles.........
PS. Eat Mo Grits. :D