Bright Idea?? | SouthernPaddler.com

Bright Idea??

Kahuna

Aug 27, 2003
DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS
Took Grasshopper catfishing yesterday. Really cold outside even colder at the lake way out on the pier. Grasshopper had on his Carhardt coveralls and a bright yellow down coat. What no hat I said. Poor kid was freezing. ME all bundled up coveralls, coat hood , ears all coverd. Grasshopper wanted to go home after 10 minutes. ME...not wanted to quit that soon had a BRIGHT IDEA :? I keep these latex surgical gloves in my pocket to keep from haveing to wash my hands all of the time after useing that stinking catfish bait. Huuummm.... I took a glove out of my pocket..said hey Grasshopper... Dad has an idea.... :roll: I plopped a rubber glove over his head(he said it hurt a little) :lol: Made him look a little Oriental....I stood back and said :there...looks good" you look like a big yellow chicken with those rubber finger saluting on the top of your head....R your ears warm?? Yea dad but they hurt. No circulation :lol: I said deal with it. We're not going home. All at once BOOM :!: Glove shot off his head like a rocket. :shock: Grabbed our gear and went home :lol: KAHUNA

A

Anonymous

Oldyaker ya took the words outta my mouth! Now I haz one more thang to thankfull about! :)
Grasshopper will have his day when Bubba has him pick the old age home for him!!!! :cry:
Kahuna, always remember that it's your kids who have the "final" word... :lol:

Better solution... give Grasshopper your hat!
:shock:
swampy

DocMobius

Aug 25, 2003
Wasola, Missouri
Kahuna

Hope that bright idea doesn't end up costing thousands of dollars in therapy.

Poor Grasshopper, My dad puts a rubber glove on my head and makes me look like a chicken, and the week before he ran down Bambi with the van, and before that he locked up old fishhead eatin Tom in the van for 3 days. :shock: NOT to mention his rain dance or where he sticks his Turkey feather

Sound's normal to me. :lol:

DocMobius

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
(Banjo ringing in foreground; guitar echoing in background) Ta da dahhh da dahh; ta dah dah DAHHHHHHHH.

(Fella sitting on a porch, grinnin like Alfred E. Newman. Skinny, old redneck dancing in front yard.)

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Yep.

Jack, That brought back some memories. When I was young, we did alot of whitewater trips, quite a few in WV outback. There are still places like you describe in the previous post! Sometimes during the calm stretches it was safer to stick to the center of the river given what was hang'n out on either shore. :shock: Going down some of those rivers, well you thought of that movie "Deliverence" alot! :?