Buffalo River 08 | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

Buffalo River 08

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Paul,

Better look real hard at the next two weeks. After that it aint the same river. Solo paddlin' with a boatload a gear jest aint a good idea til ya git ta know the river. Come July the Upper Buffalo often dries up 'n stays that way til November. Last summer I heard it wuz a good hike. :?

regards
bearridge

This country has come to feel the same when Congress is in session as when the baby gets hold of a hammer. Will Rogers

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Jack and bear
I think the theme song for tripping this year is an old Johnny Cash song
How highs the water mama (five feet high and rising)
Jack we really had some nice weather for our trip.
Ron

buckisland1950

Aug 15, 2007
Savannah, GA
Great tale, Bear

Bear:

Glad you made it home safe, almost hate cancelling now what a tale to tell. I believe this is probably the first trip I canceled due to forecasted weather but maybe it was a good call. Braxton and I paddled on the Chattoga River this past Wednesday and Thursday. Not as exciting as your trip but mighty nice. Will try and post a report and pictures soon.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Franke,

Please post 'em. What section? Never seen any of it above Earl's Ford. I tried ta push the Paddlin' Geezers there, but they dont trust me no more. I hear soon there will be Section I.

regards
bearridge

ps If ya'll had come 'n done what ya aimed ta do, it likely woulda been a mistake. After Dan picked me up 'n we drove back ta Harrison, I headed east inta a frog chokin' rain. After I left the Bluff on Wednesday it rained 6". Rangers closed the river. I dont know what happened ta the Ontarians, but with all them blue barrels 'n Plano boxes fulla food 'n gear, they likely wuz fine....somewhere tween Carver 'n Mt. Hershey.

To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them. George Mason

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
HOOOOOO WEEEEEE! I purposely waited until the weekend to read this report! It's a record breaker! Mick put it best as epic! Guess I'll go and read Tolstoy's War and Peace over again now since I'm warmed up! :roll:
Good job William! :wink: