Buffalo Wild Wings Southwestern Dip? | SouthernPaddler.com

Buffalo Wild Wings Southwestern Dip?

islandpiper

I have grown to really like the Buffalo Wild Wings Southwestern Dip, and I've been trying to relicate it. So far, it looks like ranch dressing with taco seasoning and some extras or ranch, with cayenne, tobasco, malt vinegar, paprika and onion powder and garlic powder (not in order of quantity).

Anybody else like this stuff? Makes celery fun......darn good on chicken wings, etc. In fact, it is good almost anything deep fried.

piper

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Real Buffalo Wings originated in Buffalo, NY. I love the Damn Things....Now my favorite is Parmesan Garlic with a side of suicide sauce!
Often dupiliclated.....Never replicated.

http://www.anchorbar.com/original.php

Ice or Grass...We'll kick your your Arse! Steelers Six Super Bowl Rings....Penguins....3 Stanley Cups! We won't talk about our baseball team. :(

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Had these last night.....MMMMMMMMMM!!!!! :p

Hooters Buffalo Shrimp
Buffalo Sauce

* 1/2 cup louisiana hot sauce or Frank's red hot sauce
* 4 ounces unsalted butter
* 1/4 teaspoon paprika
* 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
* 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
* oil, for deep-frying

Shrimp

* 24 fresh large shrimp, peeled and de-veined
* 2 eggs, beaten
* 8 fluid ounces milk
* 2 cups flour

Directions
---To Make The Sauce---.
Combine in a small saucepan over medium heat until butter is mixed through.
Cover and keep warm over low heat.
---To Make The Shrimp---.
Combine the egg and milk in a small bowl.
Place flour in a large gallon-size zip-lock bag.
Coat six of the shrimp with egg mixture, then toss them in the bag of flour and shake well to coat.
Leave them in there, and repeat the process, six shrimp at a time.
Make sure they are all well coated with flour.
Refrigerate for about 5 minutes while your deep fryer heats up to 375°F.
Deep-fry at 375°F for about 8-10 minutes until shrimp tails are dark brown.
Remove, drain, and toss gently with your prepared Buffalo sauce; you can do this by shaking gently in a large Tupperware container with a lid.

Another way is very good....
* 15-20 medium raw shrimp or 15 large raw shrimp, deveined
* 1/3-2/3 cup franks buffalo wing sauce
* 4 tablespoons margarine
* 1/4 teaspoon garlic (very finely chopped)
* 1-1 1/2 teaspoon flour
Pre wash the shrimp well.
Dry thoroughly.
Place in a medium bowl and add buffalo sauce.
Let sit in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
Place margarine in a frying pan and let melt until it starts bubbling.
Place shrimp in the butter along with garlic.
Let cook until almost done.
Then add flour and stir quickly to insure no lumps form.
Let shrimp finish cooking.

You may add a bit more sauce if needed. Serve next to celery sticks and bleu cheese dressing

islandpiper

Somehow this is about normal........i asked for the recipe for the orange color dipping sauce that the food chain BUFFALO WILD WINGS serves with they SOUTHWESTERN DIPPERS.....and ended up with a discussion of the origin of buffalo wings and a recipe for shrimp.
piper

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Found two of them from a food web site..........
Here is what they had to say............

Chuck
******************************************************************************************************************************************************

I don't know the real recipe either. But what I've done before was get an electronic food chopper/processor (like those little small black and decker ones in walmart for $10)...

Pour in desired amount of ranch dressing (i prefer ken's)... Then add in some onion and green chilis to your discretion. You can usually find a small can of green chilis in the area where taco stuff is in the grocery store). I also add in some Red Hot buffalo wing sauce. Its not tabasco, but adds a great flavor to the sauce. Then just mix/chop for a few seconds.
********************************************************************************************************************************************************
Todd Wilbur has hacked the recipe. But it will cost you 79 cents to read it. As I haven't bought that recipe, I can't say that the sauces he covers include the specific sauce you want. I also can't directly link to the recipe, but here's how to get to it and buy it.

Go to http://www.topsecretrecipes.com
From the navigation menu on the left, click Recipes
You now have a choice. Either select Buffalo Wild Wings from the brand drop down list or type it into the search field.
Now click the recipe you want to look at. These are taste clones, not necessarily how they are made originally.
You'll have to agree to a user license. Basically to repsect his copyright, not share the recipes and so on.
After that, you should see the recipe and the reviews and tweaks of others who have made that recipe.

Good luck
thymeless

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
islandpiper said:
Somehow this is about normal........i asked for the recipe for the orange color dipping sauce that the food chain BUFFALO WILD WINGS serves with they SOUTHWESTERN DIPPERS.....and ended up with a discussion of the origin of buffalo wings and a recipe for shrimp.
I disagree. Normal would have us talkin' bout the Anasazi injuns 'n why they disappeared......'er why the songbirds go quiet in late July. [chuckle]

regards
bearridge

Liberals have invented whole college majors---psychology, sociology, women's studies---to prove that nothing is anybody's fault.  P. J. O'Rourke