Cabin at the Hunting Lease | SouthernPaddler.com

Cabin at the Hunting Lease

Darrells

Oct 19, 2008
Lorena,Texas
There was a mobile home here that was about 30 years old so the landowner had it hauled away for us. He also brought us a skid steer loader to use for the weekend to clean up the old foundation around the mobile home. Once we got all of the rocks and trash hauled away it was time to get busy. We pre-fabed the cabin and then dismantled it for the ride to the lease.

cabin034.jpg

We used the skid steer to unload it and move it into place.

cabin045.jpg

Once it was in place we leveled the floor and blocked all the way around.

cabin059.jpg

Then it was time to stand the walls up and lag bolt them to the floor.

cabin060.jpg

cabin062.jpg

cabin067.jpg

Then onto the roof trusses and the sheet metal.

cabin081.jpg

cabin082.jpg

Today we wired, plumbed, insulated and hung the OSB on the interior walls. My batteries died in the camera so I did not get any pics, but I will take a pic of it completed next weekend.

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
Well thought out building,Darrell. I like the way the walls just tilt up into position. Very effecient. Looks to be a good sized camp, too.

Joey

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
hey steve it don,t matter how big the port openings are they want never see a deer. they will be asleep in there new cozy deer stand. :lol: :lol: it is a nice one every body needs one like this.

Steve

Catfish, you are most definitely right. . . . we all need one like that!

After my dad passed away, my brother and I went out to the lease my dad had been on. Walking out to his stand, we saw lots of sign and began to wonder why my dad never manage to get one out there. . . When we made it to the stand, we found out why. . . We came back ot the main camp with a recliner, a generator, a TV, and a coffee pot. . . Turns out he was just hiding from our step-mother. . . :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: