Camoflage paddle | SouthernPaddler.com

Camoflage paddle

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
I noticed on my last trip how much difference it made going from the cheap Academy paddle to my new paddle.The new one was awesome.
But there was one problem my old paddle was black plastic the new one is white fiberglass and the wildlife sure noticed it it made a lot of difference
in how close I could get and they were spooking way down the river.
My question is there any kind of paint that will stick to the glass for a reasonable amount of abuse think painting the backside and leaving the face white so it could be seen if you turned it over.
ANY SUGGESTIONS.
Ron

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
A long time ago ... I sprayed one with some flat black but it wears off with the scratches while paddling in brush or from sticking it in the sand.

They have some paint today called Fusion which is made for plastics , you might want to give it a try. Krylon Paints make it.

Chuck.

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
Heya Ron,

Good question mate. Have often wondered the same thing but been too lazy to actually do anything about it.

You could probably sand the blade back a bit and roll on some graphite enriched epoxy to get the black. I think it will stick to ordinary fibreglass.

Bilgerat

May 10, 2006
Texas!
www.bilgerat.net
Scuff it up a little with some fine sandpaper. Then use a red oxide primer followed by your finish paint. The primer will stick a lot better than just the paint. You'll probably have to touch up the scratches occasionally, but that's no big deal.

The red oxide primer will make paint stick pretty good to bare aluminium, too.

Mike