Camping Lantern. | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

Camping Lantern.

coogzilla

May 3, 2008
So Cal USA
Well, Sparky
The lantern showed up from Cabela's today. I stole some batteries
out of a maglight and damn, it's cool. You was right on. The remote
is a good idea. Gotta wait till it's dark to ck. it out some more.

Coogs

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Just received the new catalog and noticed the sale on them ( the lantern) is over with , back to the $39.95.
On the brighter side , a couple new pair of the shorts arrived so now I have some without holes in them to wear in town. Keeping the old ones to wear when working on the boats out in the shop. :D

Chuck.

Swampy

Aug 25, 2003
Southeastern North Carolina
Why ain't Oldyaker got new shorts!???

I do not like the gas lanterns at all. It's the putting on new mantels that rob me of peace.

I wondered how those LED lites worked out, and if they were adequate enough ... Wally World has some now ....

I just bought me a new "head light" that fits the hat. Very nice and I have to say brighter than what I had before. I can remember going and looking for my hammock one night along a river's edge without a light , and wanted to put a midnight snackin in ahead of me... man what a carrying ons!!!
:shock: Until I saw a flash light come on and found it wasn't my hammock .... geesh some people have no humor at 1 in the morning ... :twisted:

Car camping the lights ( lanterns) will do great .. along the river lights out at sun set .
swampy

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
My 4 LED headlight, which is also waterproof, serves all the purposes for me. Lights my work area, lights the length of a campoground, lights my way for in the dark paddling, etc. Each of us have our needs and preferences.

I pack my headlight in with the sleeping bag. When I pitch camp, it all comes out. Katie & I read bedtime stories together some evenings. She reads by herself others, and then turns off her own light.

For years, I carried a Coleman 2 mantle lantern. Now that mantles no longer have asbestos in, they are way too fragile. Instead of lasting 2-3 years, they may last 2-3 nights. How many folks died of asbestosis from Coleman lanterns?

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Swampy said:
I wondered how those LED lites worked out, and if they were adequate enough ... Wally World has some now ....

Swampy...

The lantern we are talking about is the one that I had on the last trip , you know the one I put on the picnic table. When it was not being used there then it was back in the camper and was used for myself.

The little green (waterproof) one with the 12 LED's. The same one that I turned on in the camper without being in the camper but was a good distance from it with the remote switch when we thought a coon was over there. :?

Jezzzzzeeeeeeee I know you were busy eating the sausage Jimmy brought but .... Nut's .. Forget it , I'm trying to swim UP a waterfall.........you were to busy thinking about the sausage and chowing down on it. Talk about concentration , especially when looking at those sausages cooking. I bet you don't even remember those Gals from Hooters when they went Jogging past the camp when the sausages were cooking. :lol:

Chuck.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Bilgerat said:
My lantern arrived yesterday. I think I'm gonna like it! 8)

Mike

Mike...

If you like it as much as I like mine you will be a happy camper. :D

Jack...

When I was a kid ( Yep , that long ago and NO there was not a hitching post in the front , it was over on one side.) the folks and I would go out to dinner at Gary's Duck Inn (Seafood Restaurant) , in south Orlando.
Ha ,Ha ,Ha ..I know no one on here will remember Gary's Duck Inn , that was quite a while ago and they were a landmark in South Orlando , actually on the South Orange Blossom Trail.

The folks would order shrimp or Oysters and Dad always made me eat one shrimp because I didn't like them. Pretty soon I realised they were better then the hamburger I normally got and started ordering shrimp , now days I can eat a whole truck load of them and look for more.

Still don't have a taste for Oysters but tastes change. :lol: Plus I never care to see a cooked wild duck again , Mallard , Pin tail , Teal , Balpate , Ring bill or Wood duck , I have had more then my share of them , time for someone else to enjoy them.

Chuck.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
The kids ( Mary & Neil are down here for the holidays and are using my little camper.)

I hung the lantern outside one of the screen doors so when they leave the house they would have light in the camper. Just take the remote , click it and they have light in the camper.

Not a lot of light , just a good soft light so they can see everything.

It does what it is suppose to do , plus it is waterproof.

Chuck.