Chicken Cacciatore | SouthernPaddler.com

Chicken Cacciatore

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Some folks are naturally lazy, the rest of us had to work at it. For our family, EZ duzit is the motto. Lively, six year old Katie is up and off and running to kindergarten, then I try to get my day organized. After she hops onto the school bus, I come back in and start the crockpot.

So, I get chicken (or, whatever meat I'm planning) out of the freezer a couple days ahead of time to let it thaw in the refrigerator. Not only safer from bacteria, it's more efficient powerwise. Cut up a few things, toss them in, turn it on. At supper time, we eat. (I even buy nylon bags that are the crockpot liners. Saves cleanup.)

This recipe is from www.crock-pot.com

Ingredients:
2 Tbs olive oil
3 lbs chicken breasts, boneless
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 small onion, chopped
1 lb fresh mushrooms, thickly sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup flour
1/2 dry white wine
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 Tbs tomato paste
1 14 1/2-oz can diced tomatoes, drained
1 tsp dried basil leaves
1/2 tsp dried oregano leaves
1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves

Directions:
Add onions to bottom of stoneware. Add chicken, and then top chicken with remaining ingredients. Cover cook on Low 7 to 9 hours or on High 4 to 5 hours.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Kayak Jack said:
Some folks are naturally lazy,

I'm a natural Senor Jocko! :roll: BTW...Mitey fine way of preparing Eyetalion Yard Bird! Katie is gourmet dining!

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Jack,

Wuz it the stars? Aliens? A Muse? We both started tellin' how ta fix vittles in a crock pot....at the same time. I reckon it aint jest great minds that think alike. :wink:

regards
bearridge
ole crock society

The only really good vegetable is Tabasco sauce. Put Tabasco sauce in everything. Tabasco sauce is to bachelor cooking what forgiveness is to sin. P. J. O'Rourke

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
bearridge said:
Friend Jack,

Wuz it the stars? Aliens? A Muse? We both started tellin' how ta fix vittles in a crock pot....at the same time. I reckon it aint jest great minds that think alike. :wink:
All good minds run in the same channel, Br'r Bear. I believe, in our case, it's a gutter.