Chicken & Dumpling's , Pot Pie , With a Biscuit Topping. | SouthernPaddler.com

Chicken & Dumpling's , Pot Pie , With a Biscuit Topping.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
For some good, easy, Chicken and Dumplings (Pie) when out camping.
If you are camping with a buddy and doing the cooking for both of you .... Then let them think you have pulled out all of the stops and worked up a sweat cooking up something special just for them.
I am cooking something special for us.... ...Now you get the firewood for tonight. :lol:

Using a bakepacker (I have the Ultra-light one , for 2 people ..... If you have the standard then you could double everything) .

1 ....... Take a can of Cambells,Chunky Chicken & Dumplings Soup and put it in the bag. Now add a small can (6oz) of peas, or mixed vegetables and a can (6oz) of chicken.
Only if you want a little extra solid in the meal. You know how most soups are short on all of the good stuff but with this you will have plenty of gravy from the soup to go with the biscuits. :)

2. Mix it up in the bag and place it in the bakepacker.
(Make sure you have checked the water level in the bakepacker ) .

3.........Now mix up the Bisquick Complete Buttermilk Biscuits Batter and add that to the top of the soup mix.

4.........Fold over the top of the bag and bake in the bakepacker for about 15 to 20 minutes to cook the biscuits so they will make a biscuit topping for the soup mix.

When done ...... Remove from the heat and enjoy, it does not any simpler or better tasting then this. :D

If you don't have a backpacker the Jean & Sam at Adventure Foods will give you a 10% discount on one if you tell them you are a member of this forum , Which they are members of.
Here is there web address http://www.adventurefoods.com/ Now you could go to several other places and pay the full price if you want to.

Bakepacker tells you not to cook soup in it because of the possibility of spilling the hot liquid on you ....
I think this is more of a Chicken Pot Pie then soup but you do have to be careful with it because of the liquid. Also don't forget the spices you like. :?
Chuck.