Cobb Cookers | SouthernPaddler.com

Cobb Cookers

islandpiper

my Dad and Mom were Depression Kids.......Dad stayed that way till he passed and my Mom still is. She saves every rubber band and paper clip and shopping bag. the whole depression thing made a strong impression on them. Lots of you other forum members have folks like that, too.

Well, for me, and lots of us here in the Gulf region, it is storms that shape us. I am fascinated, and tend to collect, cooking systems that 1. Don't require fuel that may be un-available like propane, butane, briquets, etc. 2. can be picked up, packed up, used in small spaces 3. allow several cooking styles, e.g. fast or slow, dry or wet all in the same sykstem 4. are dependable and long lasting in terms of hardware and construction.

I think that the Cobb probably fills that need. If it was designed for corn cobs and agricultural waste, then chips and bits of structural timber might also work.....

If the power is out, and the natural gas is turned off , and there is no gasoline and the stores have the doors locked and the Nat'l Guard is parked out front there still has to be a way to make dinner. That's why i bought the Thermette last year. At least I have a way to process water into drinking water with the fuel that was a foot deep over my entire property after the last big wind.

time to start really shopping.

piper

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend piper,

Country folks know other things ya kin do with a corn cob. :wink: After a bad hoodoochie I dont reckon the Charmin truck will be rollin'? :mrgreen:

regards
bearridge

ps When ya drive yer pickup on a passover round here, it iz corn az far az yer eye kin see. I caint wait fer the ribeyes! :lol:

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. Plato

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
I'm a gnat's arse from buying one. But, the main use I'd have is when car camping, and I do that only once every few years. I can use a 18" Weber in a car camp too. I've cooked pizza and apple pies in camp and surprised folks with those dishes.

My LittlBug twig stove does well too. So, I'm resisting the temptation to buy one.

Besides, I have to save my money for another one of Joey's knives.