COmpleted 1st Home Built-New Photo's Added 6-7-05 | SouthernPaddler.com

COmpleted 1st Home Built-New Photo's Added 6-7-05

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
tioga

WOW ...... that is one nice looking boat, you did one heck of a good job on her. I trust she will be just as good on the water.

Now about that bass on her ...... Is that so when you go fishing and don't get anything you still bring home a keeper, besides your boat. :D

Chuck.

tioga

May 9, 2005
NE Pennsylvania
Hey guys thanks for the compliments.Boat was constucted from all Luan weighs under 40 lbs.(?) Grandson really liked the finished look of the epoxy and wanted to know if we could leave it that way.So since it will not be left in the water and will be stored in the garage I figure it was his boat and if that is what he wanted that is how we would leave it. I figure after the season I'll have him do a couple of coats of varnish on it.
There have been many days when I could have used that bass to bring home with me,maybe it will act as luck for the grandson when he is out fishing.
tioga

Swampy

Aug 25, 2003
Southeastern North Carolina
Great looking boat Tioga !

Gotta ask ya : How did you get the hulls up withut ribs/frames?

Grand feat!

The bright insides will give you more sun to soak in.

I do like the large inwhales.... no messing around here.
Again, great job!
swampy

tioga

May 9, 2005
NE Pennsylvania
No problems with the sides the basic construction of the boat calls for 3 frames when you start.Once I had the boat epoxied inside and out on the sides, the frames were removed.3 coats on the inside and 4 on the outside stiffened her up real nice,the inwales must appear larger than they actually are.I took the advice from some one on the board about some 1/2 inch molding stock that I used ran it the length of the boat and used the other piece I had to make the 3 inch blocks.
Thanks
tioga

tioga

May 9, 2005
NE Pennsylvania
Will be able to let you know that tomorrow when she goes in for the maiden voyage.Was going to do it today but we are having severe thunderstorms at the home front.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
tioga said:
Was going to do it today but we are having severe thunderstorms at the home front.
Friend tioga,

Wuz the High Sheriff up yer way? :mrgreen:

regards,

bearridge
bodine school of meterology

I hate political correctness because it's founded on the idea that by means of language you can escape truth -- that if you simply give a different name to something you've somehow changed it. It is a very childlike idea. P.J. O'Rourke

tioga

May 9, 2005
NE Pennsylvania
Maiden Voyage

Well it finally made it to the water and I must say with great success.I've added more pictures to the album of her on the water.Gramdson was having a ball,and we tried 2 adult paddlers who weighed 133,138 lbs one at a time and just thought it was great.
Swampy we did not experience any oil canning,I guess the keel I have on there helped eliminate that problem.
Thanks for all the positive feedback,it will go along way in the building of my next boat,a Pirouge. http://community.webshots.com/user/tioga183
tioga

tioga

May 9, 2005
NE Pennsylvania
Emissary

You've been doing this to long Kayack Jack he asked when I was going to take him out in the canoe with me to learn to paddle that.And last night we sent out the pictures to his relatives in New jersey,and he did have a very large smile on his face when he was done.
tioga

Banoe

Apr 4, 2004
Southeastern Pa.
Matt is right impossable to make a bad lookin wood boat You can all ways tell the hard work that went into her. Good lookin kid too can see you spent some time on that project too. Got him started right get him in a boat and give him a fishin rod and he will turn out great! It shore worked wonders on my boy 19 yrs and got a 4.0 in collage he is off fishin campin and canoein in the townsend this week.

Swampy

Aug 25, 2003
Southeastern North Carolina
Banoe, ya make a point that to some, would be to general or quiant. But it is the truth!
Looking back I can see where children that have fished and hunted as youth, grew with that special knowledge that comes with being out in the outdoors. Those who enjoy it and want to go back , will keep in mind the grand times that they had with dads and moms and others who showed them the marvel of it all.
<salute> to all who have given the youth that opportunity.
swampy