Cot tent | SouthernPaddler.com

Cot tent

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Joey sent me a note asking about the cot tent.

http://reviews.cabelas.com/8815/519814/ ... eviews.htm
I have used it a few times and so far it has preformed well. folds to a very small package ,it and a cot and you have shelter, or it can be pitched on the ground as a tent bivy.
I sleep on my side so a hammock isnt comfortable for me even if I could find the trees to hang it.
With all my tents I carry a cheap plastic tarp as an extra big rainfly and it works well on this unit.
Ron

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
Thanks, Ron. I thought I remembered it all coming as one unit. I've seen some of those all in one units and that's the way I'm leaning.

J

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
You might be thinking of this one because it is a one piece Tent Cot , Mine is a single , they make a double and have modified it a lot since I got mine.
Here is the Tent Cot I used Apr 12 , 2006 on the Edisto River trip. We stayed at an established camp ground. I have also used it on a couple of trips in the Smokey Mountains when I went from campsite to campsite in different sections threw the mountains.

edisto%20002.jpg

Here is one dealer with a picture of it yopu can run the mouse over to enlarge it.
http://www.forestry-suppliers.com/produ ... 7AodNigAFg

The Trip.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2462

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2463

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
Chuck, that is more along the lines of what I was thinking of. Hammocks are great but I've always had a bit of trouble getting really comfortable in them. Not back-aching uncomfortable...... just not quite as comfortable as I'd like. I'm a side sleeper and hammocks are a little awkward for that position.

Joey

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
It's like a hammock in the fact you are up off the ground with material holding you. Plenty of ventilation and I found that a camping mattress helps with the cold butt or side problems. It also makes the one ( center ) cross member vanish when a little extra padding is added.

Setting up is quick , just unfold it and you are ready , packing it up the same thing fold it and put it in the back of your vehicle. Don't try to take it on a boat unless it is a Jon Boat because the cot is wide and heavy compared to a hammock or tent.
It has a storage ( carrying ) bag for it.

I like to set mine up under a tarp , this way it can be open all the way around , used as a cot . or a chair or a chase lounge depending on your desires. At the campground we had a lot of rain and I had a small river running under my cot but it was nice and high an dry. A tent would of been flooded.