coworker | SouthernPaddler.com

coworker

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
this past monday i had a coworker that was at home. he was cutting down a tree & it kicked back on him. it was muddy where it happened if not he proball would,nt have made .it hit him on side between the 1st rib & pelvis. it broke his back & spline i believe. it pushed the disk & vertbrae out of whack . as far as i know it didn,t sever his spinal cord? the doc told him about 1 out of 100 people that has surgery never walk again. :( he had surgery today & they said he did have feeling in both legs down to his knees.i hope this is a good sign. :D

just wanted you guys to remember him & his family in your prayers . he has a long road ahead of him. thanks cat

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
i guess even a cripple or limp walk would be better than not walking at all. i,m sure he would agree too.thanks for your prayers & thoughts. he is still in icu right now. i will try to keep informed on his condition. thanks cat

rpecot

Nov 10, 2006
Katy, TX
After Katrina, I had a neighbor who was cutting down a tree. It was in a bind and struck him in the head. Killed him. That was a not too uncommon occurance after Katrina. Scary stuff. I cut down my share of trees, but left the knarly ones to the pros.