Crab Cakes. Maryland or Creole. | SouthernPaddler.com

Crab Cakes. Maryland or Creole.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I been wanting to make some of these so to save the recipes I thought this would be a good place.
Chuck.....

Maryland Crab Cakes
From Cooking Light

1  pound lump crabmeat, shell pieces removed
1 1/3  cups fresh breadcrumbs
1/3  cup minced green onions
1/3  cup chopped fresh parsley
2  tablespoons lemon juice
1  tablespoon 2% low-fat milk
1  teaspoon hot sauce
1/2  teaspoon salt
1/4  teaspoon pepper
4  egg whites
1 1/3  cups fresh breadcrumbs
2  tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
Lemon wedges (optional)

Combine first 10 ingredients in a bowl; stir well. Divide crabmeat mixture into 8 equal portions. Place 1 1/3 cups breadcrumbs in a shallow dish. Dredge crabmeat portions in breadcrumbs, shaping into patties about 3 1/2 inches wide and 1/2 inch thick.Heat 1 tablespooon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 4 patties, and cook 3 minutes. Carefully turn patties over, and cook 3 minutes or until golden. Repeat procedure with the remaining oil and patties. Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.

Creole Crab Cakes...............

Ingredients
1  stalk celery, finely chopped
1  small onion, finely chopped (1/3 cup)
1  tablespoon olive oil
1   egg, beaten
1/4  cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
1/2  teaspoon dry mustard
1/4  teaspoon garlic powder
1/4  teaspoon onion powder
1/4  teaspoon ground red pepper
1-1/2  cups soft French bread crumbs
8  ounces fresh cooked crab meat or canned crab meat, drained, flaked, and cartilage removed (about 1 1/2 cups)
3  tablespoons finely chopped red sweet pepper
3  tablespoons olive oil
   Purchased tartar sauce
3  tablespoons finely chopped green sweet pepper

Directions
1. Cook celery and onion in the 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet until tender; cool slightly.
2. Combine egg, mayonnaise or salad dressing, dry mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, and ground red pepper in a mixing bowl. Add celery mixture, bread crumbs, crab meat, and the red and green sweet pepper. Mix well. Shape into 12 cakes.
3. Cook the crab cakes in the 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Serve with tartar sauce. Makes 12 appetizer servings.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Thanks Chuck, I have been on a quest for 3 years now for the perfect crab cake. I have also been hanker'n for some. Too late this weekend to play with recipe, maybe next weekend. Since I can't afford to drive my truck much anymore, I'll just stay home, cook and drink some relaxing beverage. :wink:

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I am just trying to find something different to have for suppers when the kids can come over or when they want to sit at there place and have someone cook supper for them..... they are my ... This will be left over if you don't want it for supper ...... CREW.

They have to go to work every day and I get to stay over here, saving gas, thinking about eating. Besides I can run (Drive) into the grocery store and back 6 times on one gallon. That is almost a whole week. :lol: :lol: :lol:
( To make it even better that is my favorite place to shop and it is air conditioned in there , just ads to the fun of walking the isles and looking , thinking , drooling .......besides at just about every isle there is this nice person cooking something and just wanting you to have a couple samples of this or that.
I will not say I am there to much but everyone knows me by my 1st name and wants to know what I plan on cooking..... The produce manager could not figure out why I wanted some baloons , I said to make moonshine wine .... That got him , made him stop working and ask ...WHAT. )

As far as suppers go ....last week it was shrimp gumbo with rice, for something different, later this week crab cakes and a good tossed salad on the side. Then the stuffed pepper recipe that your better half does and swampy spilled the beans about .. :oops: .. You know your wife's secret recipe.

This is working out really good ... the thing I hate about cooking is trying to figure out what to cook and with all of this good stuff being posted on here , deciding what to cook is making it fun..... :D

Chuck.