Creole Chicken. | SouthernPaddler.com

Creole Chicken.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
The Orlando Sentinel or slander as I like to call it .....for there lop sided ideas.

Had this for the Creole Chicken.

8 bone-in skinless well trimmed chicken thighs.
1 clove of minced garlic.
1 finely sliced medium onion.
1 rib of celery thinly sliced.
1 medium green pepper sliced.
2 14.5 oz cans of undrained diced tomatoes with garlic and onion.
1 bay leaf.
1/2 teaspoon of salt.
1 1/2 teaspoon of Creole Seasoning.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************
I modified it to ......... For the two of us.
Two large chicken breasts with the skin on them and with the bones in them.
1/2 of the onion.
1/2 half the Green Bell Pepper........
No Bay Leaf...... I skipped the bay leaf.......Did not feel like walking down back and getting one. :roll:
1 teaspoon of the Creole Seasoning.

Anyway here is what they say.........

Put the whole mess into a slow cooker with the chicken on the bottom , put in the tomato mix and then the rest ....... Cook for 6 or 7 hours on low. They suggest ............When supper is planned take the chicken out and serve over some rice.

( I deboned the chicken when taking it out to serve it and had it on the side with the rice which was covered with the veggies that cooked on the other side.)

If you like something good , this is the one ......... Not sure how it would be but I think it would be good with fish , pork or beef but will have to give it a try later on..........

Some good eats......... :D

Chuck..........

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
ONE CLOVE OF GARLIC???!!! :shock: I guess a wine suggestion for this repast would be Grape Kool-Aid! :roll:

We had shrimps scampi over rice tonight with no less than 12 cloves of garlic.... weak by my taste but worthy of of a "Chateau De Cardboard Chianti!"

One clove of garlic........... HA! I laugh in your creole face! :mrgreen:

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I splurged on the Garlic , used the full amount the recipe called for even since I cut it in half for most of the other stuff. The wine selection was stronger then Kool-Aid , it was some really good Northland 100% Cranberry and Raspberry Juice.

Chuck.

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
One Clove of Garlic? only One clove!!!

As the oldbloke said, I too laugh in ya Creole face. :p

Now get out back and give yaself at least 6 uppercuts - one for each clove ya should have put in mate. :D

Mate, thanks for sharing this. I love creole cooking and will be trying this one real soon. (only with garlic) and a nice screw top bottle of sweet aussie red.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
You guys have to remember my wife is from New Jersey so I have to careful on the good stuff I use in there when cooking..... Ya know things like hot sauce , cayenne , garlic and the rest when we are sharing a meal. Especially since I have to live with her. :lol:

Mick..... Following the recipe it is some good stuff , jazzed up it would even be better.

Chuck........
PS. Besides the vampires in this area were eliminated a long time ago so we can use less garlic and not have it as a repellent for them.