Daughters first canoe trip | SouthernPaddler.com

Daughters first canoe trip

Swampy

Aug 25, 2003
Southeastern North Carolina
Ross truely a Kodak moment! She'll have Dad paddleing all over the place now! lol
Good going!
swampy

ps Better get the camping gear out this fall! I sence a weekender with a little one!

Ross pirogue

Aug 25, 2003
Ogden,Utah
A er a Swampy, a, My little girls are boys. ? That dont sound right! What I mean is "Pirogue" here is The good old Pirogue Tampa and not me Ross pirogue. Did I say that right? hadn't had my first cup yet!.......Ross

Tom @ Buzzard Bluff

Aug 25, 2003
Ozarks of N. Central Arkansas
Pirogue said:
<Saturday morning I took my daughter out for the 1st time in the canoe.>

Good Job PT!

<I learned, when you have a 5 ½ yr old in a canoe, keep the trip short. Plan on detouring to where she wants to go, and when she is ready to go back, turn around.>

Exactly! Make a marathon of it and they will not want a repeat. Make it fun and make a paddler.

<This was one of my best days on the water.>

And it'll get even better in memory over the years. When you're the age of Jack, Chuck or myself you may even discover it is your very favorite paddling memory. You just made a truly heavy deposit in your 'memory bank account'.

Again---a good days' work! Tom

Swampy

Aug 25, 2003
Southeastern North Carolina
To all the Pirouges of this world:
I'm sooooo confused!!!! Whaaaaaa :oops:

ok.... anyone who has gone out in the past week with their small ones has had a grand opportunity to invest in wonderful memories forever ( or at any time). I got one now who is 36 years old and way high in the banking industry who still talks about our canoeing those lost lakes and streams.... and so will you.
swampy

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
DocMobius said:
Pirogue, Sounds like you know what it's all about, hope you got pictures. Watch out she will want her own boat soon. :D DocMobius
Doc,

You're right. My 2 year old Granddaughter already asks to be lifted up on the bench so she can sit inside the Katie Bug. Says, "My boat", pats it and adds, "This is nice, Poppa. This is nice."

We took her out for a short jaunt last fall in a canoe. She's hooked already.

GOTCHA!!