Drivin Miss Daisy | SouthernPaddler.com

Drivin Miss Daisy

Swampy

Aug 25, 2003
Southeastern North Carolina
Here's a quiz fer eveyone....
I flunked cause I ain't about to git out of a stuck truck on the RR and run towards th train! :shock:
An two, they don't take inta account that when I gitz outta th truck to "disguss" the Maryland Farmer who haz stopped me in thar road rage, that I haz got sumtin that makes all men equal. :shock:
An that fog question waz a hoot... nuthin said bout drivin off into th wilds.
I could go on and on, but I gotz to go study fer mah road test.... :roll:

http://tlc.discovery.com/convergence/ex ... /quiz.html

swampy.... now walkin a bunch more....

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Problem!

Swampus, I have a problem with some of the suggested answers!

Run towards a train? I'm put'n one foot down in front of the other real fast away from the vehicle and the train!

Yah right, turn off my lights so no one can see me! At least parking lights.

No one ever got up an icy hill here slowing down before they went up it.
The person that did is the one the angry mob behind him is chasing with pitch forks and torches. Yelling, "Kill the beast!"

And if a mad driver comes up to my window to do bodily harm, well I hope he notices the NRA decal in my back window first!

Where did you find this test Swampy, I did better on the Southerner test!

Swampy

Aug 25, 2003
Yak, I get a weekly mail from the Discovery people.
Usually their tests are ok. Nothing earth shattering.
But this one simply sucked big time.
Your right, be damned if I'll drive when I can't see my hand in front of me... what they think about that vehicle behind ya when you don't have lights on? They'd hit you slower??? They gotta get real.
If it's to foggy to see who is riding someone else's lights?
I think it was created by some high school kid that their daddy work there...

Look out road here I come!!!
swampy

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Heck ...... I got 12 out of 17 but we don't have ice down here and anyone with Road Rage trying to get me would be looking down the wrong end of Mr.Colts invention ......You know the one that makes all persons equal.

His invention is a great attitude adjuster...especially for a lazy person. The wee hours of one morning a long time ago I actual stopped for a nut behind me flashing his light and blowing his horn.

I rolled down my window and the sucker came right up to the window and proceeded to tell me what he was going to do to me when he got me out of my vehicle.
I motioned for him to look down and when he saw that opening (about 1/2 of an inch in diaminter) looking at him, I informed him ( with a smile) he was about 3 pounds of trigger pull from Hell.
It did a total adjustment on his attitude. :D
Then I showed him a piece of metal in the shape of a star that the office issued all of us. The rest is boring but it is fun driving unmarked cars and dressing in civies. (it just was not his night :roll: )

By the way if some nut is bumping the rear of your vehicle with his vehicle then speed up and hit the brakes ....When that fool hits you his air bags are going to activate. Or if going real slow and since there is already damage to the rear of your vehicle (he is at fault) slam yours in reverse and hit him ... again setting his air bags off.

Before you say it ........... YES , It takes a devious mind to think of things like that and I have one. :wink:

FOLKS .... ALL OF THE ABOVE WAS WHEN I WAS EMPLOYED IN LAW ENFORCEMENT AND A SWORN OFFICER ..... IT IS SOMETHING YOU SHOULD NEVER DO AS A PERSON.
Chuck.

Swampy

Aug 25, 2003
That's why we love ya....

12 is a better number i got....
I got that one wrong on driving in snow uphill. I still don't understand thier answer. And it'll be one cold day for me to lock up my brakes on ice.

Where's my bubber when I need it...
swampy

A

Anonymous

LITTLE PARDNERS...DONT BE TRYIN' THIS STUFF AT HOME 'ER ANYWHERE......SWAMPY 'N OLE SPARKEY IZ HIGH TRAINED PREFESSIONAL TYPE PERSONS.....KINDA LIKE STUNTMEN.....yeah, thats the ticket....they all time pullin' stunts

:wink: