East Texas Pirogue bottom | SouthernPaddler.com

East Texas Pirogue bottom

papachoochoo

Jul 30, 2007
Tyler, Texas
I read and gave a lot of thought to all the ideas about my boat without a bottom. I even asked my wife what she thought. I know I married the right women, she's always "right". So I put a bottom on her today. Next week I'll start fairing the hull and fiberglass. Can't hardly wait until she;s in the water... If I wasn't already married....she's so pretty.....
cedar%20boat%20on%20end%20with%20me_1.jpg

sheena's dad

Oct 30, 2006
Moscow, Idaho
Russell, she's lookin' like a winner. I guess the heat we've been havin' the last hasn't hurt you any..... you got central air in that shop or what? :lol:

If I manage to get the doctor's okay, maybe I'll see ya at the messabout next month.

Steve

papachoochoo

Jul 30, 2007
Tyler, Texas
messabout

Steve,
No there's no airconditioner in the shop, just fans. The heat doesn't bother me much, however the cold shuts me down completely. I'll be looking for ya at the messabout. Look for a middle aged fat man in overalls, that's me.
papachoochoo

papachoochoo

Jul 30, 2007
Tyler, Texas
fiberglass

Here's the latest on the "East Texas Pirogue", I put the fiberglass on the bottom and sides this morning. The 4oz fiberglass is wonderful to work with, with any luck I'll do the inside Saturday.
fiberglass%20coat.jpg