Easy home made Mac an Cheese dish. | SouthernPaddler.com

Easy home made Mac an Cheese dish.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Did some really thick chops on the grill and decided to have some Mac an Cheese with them .... NO not that store bought junk :twisted: The real stuff. All I can say is that it was a good supper and I have some chops and the Mac left over for breakfast. :D

The chops .... Burn them on the grill how ever you like them.

The Mac an Cheese.........
2 cups of mac , an 8 oz package.
3 tablespoons of butter , the real stuff.
3 tablespoons of all purpose flour , not the self rising one. :roll:
2 cups of milk , the real stuff.
1/2 teaspoon of salt or how ever much you like.
Dash of pepper , again what do you like.
2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese. ( I used almost three cups , two in the mix and one on the top before it went in the oven. I like Cheese) :D :D

You can add anything else to it that you like , onions , peppers , ham whatever floats your boat with Mac an Cheese. The wife and I like some diced up left over cooked ham in it as a one dish meal. For me some diced Jalapenos would make it a lot better but I have to keep her happy.

Cook the mac till it is just about ready , like you would normally do. Drain and set aside.
Melt the butter in a large pan , when the butter melts stir the flour in , when it is mixed in then add the milk and then the cheese.
Stir till the cheese melts and is incorporated into the mix. Add more salt and pepper if you want it. Set aside ........

Add the mac to a greased baking dish and then add the sauce and stir it in... At this time when everything is mixed I add the extra cheese over the top of the dish.

Put the dish in a 350 degree oven for about 45 minutes or till the top is a nice brown or tan and bubbling. 45 minutes does it.

Remove from the oven , let it sit for a few minutes and then serve it and savor it , dam good with a nice cheesy crust over the top of it. :D :D

Chuck
PS. It will feed 2 or 3 southerners or 6 to 8 Yankees. :lol:

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
We had our first vidalia of the season two weeks ago. Some sliced raw vidalia goes good with near bout anythin'. Real butter, real cheese, real milk....real food.

grandpa paddler

May 25, 2005
WNY-land of exhorbitant taxes
Pretty much the same as mine 'cept I beat an egg into the milk (it's what Mom did) and add a 1/2 cup +/- of good romano or parmesan. I like it with the sharpest cheddar I can find but Grandma prefers mild . Any guesses as to which get used most :oops: ? Would you believe my munchins actually prefer the generic Kraft type actifical stuff :shock: :shock: :shock: ?