Easy Quesadillas | SouthernPaddler.com

Easy Quesadillas

JEM

Ok so Quesadillas are pretty easy already. Here's how I made some tonight that the kids just went nuts over:

Between two large flour tortillas, spread a little taco sauce and cheese. Sergento's has a new blend with sun dried tomatoes that's real good.

You can add just abut anything you want long as it's reasonably flat.

Put it in the nuke-o-wave for about 40 seconds just to melt the cheese a little and get it sticking to the tortillas. Cut up in 8 pizza-style slices.

Heat a pan or skillet, no pam or oil needed. Generously butter one side of each slice and then put butter-side-down into the hot pan/skillet. Heat until tortilla is browned. The butter soaks in and the tortilla gets crispy. Flip it over. There should be enough excess butter melted off to prevent sticking to the pan and add flavor to the other side.

If you have huge chunks of stuff between the tortillas, it won't cook well. Chop it fine.

They come out crispy on the outside and gooey on the inside.

Yum! :D

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Matt,

Did that two nites ago, cept I made burritos. I had these green tomatoes, onions, garlic cloves, 'n leftover stuff I fried in olive oil 'n put in a jar. I wuz gazin' inta the ice box when I pulled out the corn tortillas, the jar 'n some extra sharp cheddar. I jest nuked it.

I keep plain non-fat yogurt on hand fer my granola.......tastes a heap better'n sour cream. I put a few scoops on the whole thing.

I suppose ya kin jest make a grit burrito. A deep fat fried grit burrito? A Bubba Changa? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

regards,
bearridge

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. Elbert Hubbard