End of the line on St Mary's | SouthernPaddler.com

End of the line on St Mary's

Swampy

Aug 25, 2003
Southeastern North Carolina
Hours of paddling against the river and the incoming tide! Lots of stops and stretching on shore. But make it we did!
SM%2003%2043.jpg
Al and the puddle duck getting ready to take off that morning. I like this canoe! Al built some three of them! I see why too..

We un-loaded at Trader's Hill and someone called Steve's place to come and get us. What they sent was un-believable! :lol:
Steve's brother "Hillbilly Gene" as he called himself pulled up in this!
SM%2003%2051.jpg

Now that folks is class! Gene tells of great spring fishing up river where we put in. I think Al will tackle this next spring! He was always seachering for struture to fish and he found plenty! Left to right: Al, Chuck, Harry, Van and Gene.

After picking up our trucks we headed back to the hill and our security guard... Van... was on duty!
SM%2003%2053.jpg

If ya have a chance to paddle with these men, do so! It's a trip you'll hold on to!
swampy

Swampy

Aug 25, 2003
Southeastern North Carolina
Roger that Jack. Got it inserted. I got into the limo at the top of the hill going to the rest room. You should have seen their faces when Gene and I pulled up! :shock: The dark tint glass didn't allow them to see us laughing inside. :lol:
swampy