EZ Lo Mein | SouthernPaddler.com

EZ Lo Mein

JEM

Super easy Lo Mein without having to buy any specialty food. Made it tonight and my son scarfed it!

-1/2 pound spaghetti
-3 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
-2 tablespoons sesame oil
-3 tablespoons soy sauce
-1 teaspoon sugar
-1 teaspoon cornstarch
-1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
-3 garlic cloves, minced
-4 scallions, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
-1/2 cup diced red bell pepper

Directions

-Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
-Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons peanut oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, sugar, cornstarch, and ginger.
-In a large skillet or wok, heat remaining peanut oil over medium-high heat and add scallions, garlic, and red pepper; saute 1 to 2 minutes.
-Pour sauce mixture into skillet; toss well and cook until heated through and sauce has thickened slightly.
-Add pasta to skillet and stir-fry until pasta is warm.

Easy to customize with broccoli, onions, pea pods, beans, pork, chicken, shrimp, beef, etc.

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
Jack,
I have the recipes from outer space in my documents. I ran across them this morning and could not remember where they came from but there is some dang good recipes in there. Were they from you?
Bob

JEM

A follow up on the recipe...

We've always just bought plain old pasta, not particular about the brand. Never thought there would be a big difference among brands. But there was a sale on Barilla Thin, Multigrain Pasta. I tell you what... it's almost a buck more but the taste difference is definitely worth it. Family was eating the noodles without any sauce or butter.

I've been hooked on Food Network's Diner, Drive Ins, and Dive. I want to try pulling my own Chinese noodles one time and show my 18 year old son what real "ramen" is. :lol: